Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone ever seen/heard of this? >

Anyone ever seen/heard of this?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever seen/heard of this?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone ever seen/heard of this?

On another site I am a member of,a thread was started showing 3 fawn pictures.The deer is a white tail but its coloration appears black.It doesn't have spots,either,like its sibling.The only indication of it being a white tail aside from being around its mother and sibling,is the white portion on the underside of the tail.The image doesn't appear photoshopped.I would post a link but the image is in a private section on the site.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, it is melanistic. I had just received pics of an all black fawn next to another normal colored sibling. Tried to find it but I deleted it already. Very uncommon but they do occur occassionally.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the picture you guys are referring to. A kid shot a black buck about 5 or 6 years ago. I think it was a 6 pointer.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever seen/heard of this?-black-fawn.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just the way I like my venison, rare.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Here's the picture you guys are referring to. A kid shot a black buck about 5 or 6 years ago. I think it was a 6 pointer.
That is indeed the same deer.I think it's great for any who haven't seen this.I've seen piebolds and an albino but this was a treat.Now things could turn sour.If hunting and you saw this deer more mature,would you let it walk or would it be fair game?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default BarnesX .308

Yes, it was in Bucks County, Pa. just a few miles down the road from me. It is rare for one to be taken, but to top it off it was a Afro- American kid that shot it. I don't mean to be offensive, but what are the chances of that? I doubt I ever saw more than a dozen Afro-Americans hunting in my life.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think twice about pie-balds. But a fully balck or white deer would make me hesitate before shooting. Honestly don't know if I would shoot either one.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up White

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
I don't think twice about pie-balds. But a fully balck or white deer would make me hesitate before shooting. Honestly don't know if I would shoot either one.
We have Albino's here in Michigan
Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a beautiful litle fawn. It would be tough to shoot something like that. I don't think I would hesitate though if a nice melanistic buck walked out. That would be the absolute trophy of a lifetime. Melanistic deer are more uncommon than albinos, so your odds of ever seeing one are mighty slim.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the pics as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.