Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Booner in the city?

Old 07-02-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Booner in the city?

There' s a monster buck living in a little strip of wood' s off the n.y. state thruway
in buffalo. in 3 week' s i' ve seen him 7 or 8 time' s, in the past there was a 150
class that we watched almost daily, and after he dropped his head gear, the race
was on, I know a guy that found half, that buck got hit by a car about a month
after shedding, This most recent buck is incredible, I bring the camera with me every day now with 400mm zoom len' s, hope to get soom pic' s, stopped on the
shoulder of the highway about 3 day' s ago, and looked him over real good, with bino' s
growth is tremendous, look' s to be about a typlical 10 point frame close to 170
inside spread is at 22" + and G-2 are well over 12" G3 look' s the same G 4 8"
G1 6 or 7" plus 2 more equal tine' s coming straight up from the base on both side' s 2 drop tines on each side in diferent locations about 8 and 10" look' s to
be 190" of horn right now,, wow this is a non hunting area, and just a matter of time before he get' s wacked buy a car[X(] but what can you do
Old 07-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Booner in the city?

Would love to see any pics of this monster. I live about 22 miles NW of NY City and have seen a few bucks in the 150 class in my area. I once was driving the 50 miles to my club when I almost broadsided a huge non-typical aroudn the corner from my house. He was chasing does and just stood on this guys lawn looking at me!

Of course, huntin is illegal in my county and the cops are all over people that even try.