Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thermogenics

Old 06-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thermogenics

I took Ripped Fuel this past deer season when it got real cold because it is a thermogenic which increases your body temp. by a few degrees, and I think it worked wonders. Anyone else do this and have good results?
Old 06-27-2003, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Thermogenics

Man... it is hard to sit still when you are on that stuff tho.. makes me wanna run around.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have considered that in the past too, although I never tried it. However, with all the bad press ephedra has received recently, I' d be a bit skeptical about using it.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:47 AM

Ephedrine is only bad if you' re dehydrated. The ball players that died were in like 100 degree heat and running around, the wrestlers were trying to drop weight for weigh in so they were super dehydrated.

If you take it make sure you drink a LOT of water. Not just what you normally would but A LOT more!!! I take it and feel comfortable with it. No drinking either, alcohol dehydrates you.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no way I could be still on that stuff. Also, I' d be so jittery I don' t think I could get a good shot off. I can' t imagine what that thump thump thump would be like if that big buck so showed up, my heart would probably explode. Besides, a like the natural high of hunting and don' t want it bothered with. But, then again, I' m hunting a little warmer climate than you and might change my mind if I was above the mason dixon line.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Anything containing ephedra is a bad idea while on stand , you' ll have to get rid of all the urine produced in your efforts to stay hydrated . This translates to lots more odor that will alert the deer . Carb loading , along with layered clothing and insulated boots , is still the best remedy for cold days in the woods . Protecting yourself from the cooling effect of the wind will also go a long way toward improving your comfort level . Protect your feet and head from losing heat at all times , you lose most of your body heat from these parts . A brisk 20 minute bout of circuit training before you prepare for the hunt , combined with carb loading , will not only raise your metabolic rate but help you lose weight as well . Don' t forget to descent yourself before starting out to your stand . Remember , there is no chemical substitute for common sense measures . A fit hunter is a better hunter , and a warmer one .
Old 07-02-2003, 07:39 PM

I personally won' t take anything with ephedrine in it. Check out the FDA' s web page for some good reading on it.