Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Have you ever regretted killing a deer? >

Have you ever regretted killing a deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have you ever regretted killing a deer?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there is ever a lack of these feelings there is something wrong with you.
BTW, all responsible hunters should show some remorse after killing a deer,
You are simply projecting your feelings on others - and insulting them by saying if they don't feel as you do, they are not responsible hunters and something is wrong with them. Nothing wrong with sharing how you feel, but don't judge others for feeling differently.

The day I start feeling sadness, regret or remorse after killing any animal, will be the last day I hunt. For me, those are negative emotions and I will not seek negativity. I demonstrated my respect by striving for a clean quick kill.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

When all is said and done I won't regret any deer Ive ever shot, but I did shoot a buck I thought was bigger than it actually was and wished I hadn't pulled the trigger ! But he still ate good.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

I think in some point in hunting we've all taken an animal that was not as big as we would of wished for. But I've never regretted the hunt.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

The day I start feeling sadness, regret or remorse after killing any animal, will be the last day I hunt. For me, those are negative emotions and I will not seek negativity. I demonstrated my respect by striving for a clean quick kill.
I agree, I respect the game I hunt alot, with that said you can have respect for an animal without feeling sad or regret taking the animals life. As long as I have a succesful hunt with a good clean kill, I wont have any negative emotions either. In the end I'll have some great venison to eat and another great hunting memory.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Mr Longbeard hunting doe's over baitpiles!

....obvioulsy this is public land doe's right?

Last edited by OntElk; 07-13-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Spike

I felt bad once for taking a deer not yet in his prime. He was a tall ten point 2 1/2 year old buck that I should have let grow width. Other than that, nope.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being a new hunter and having killed my first deer last year I must say I enjoyed everything except watching the deer die. I walked up on him in time to see him shaking and drop to his knees lay his head down and die. He looked at me and wanted to flee but could'nt and as has been said they are beautiful majestic animals. I don't regret killing him I just don't ENJOY thats the key word for me seeing anything suffer or die.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would be lucky to die(a looooooooooong time from now) as quick as most of the game Ive killed. Think about all the poor people who suffer for weeks, months, and even years with cancer. not trying to be depressing, just putting things in perspective.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Never regretted taking any animal. By the time my rifle is mounted and aimed, I have checked the animal thoroughly with binoculars for a shoot/don't shoot, and it must be a "shoot" situation. On hogs, I don't care what size they are, there will be a shot fired.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

sadly yes after i spent 900$ on deer hunting in one year to shoot a big buck when i shot a 110 inch 2 1/2 year old when my dads friend had a 170 inch 10 at 60 yards the next day... other than that no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.