Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
other hunters on my land! help >

other hunters on my land! help

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

other hunters on my land! help

Old 02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

hopefully you were the only judge in this case. and court is over.

Originally Posted by uncle matt
I believe I (you) have proven my case beyond any reasonable doubt. I rest my case.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Proceed in the following manner if you witness trespassers on your land.

1. Insert fully loaded clip.
2. Point firearm at offending vehicle.
3. Commence firing until vehicle stops.
4. Go find a nice heavy piece of digging equipment.
5. Dig deep hole in secluded corner of property.
6. Push offending bullet riddled vehicle into said hole.
7. Refill hole.
8. Return heavy equipment.
9. Reload clip and return to hunting.
10. Problem solved!!!

Now how easy is that?

For the record yes I am kidding..
Old 02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Doe Dumper
For the record yes I am kidding..

good thing you said that or you would be headed for hni court room!! i was seriously dialing your shrink, good thing i read the bottom line!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by brandonxc
Alright so i was out messing around today with my sks and my dogs. i figured i would set my camera up since i found a good deer trail with the snow on the ground. So i get it set up, and start to head back to the truck. Then on my way back i see a jeep coming across the field heading to the timber i just set my camera in. i stand there and watch them and see them head off into the woods. Now for some background, this land im messing around on is owned by my dad, it is way off in the back corner of a new subdivison we are building, but there is no reason or any one that has permission to be back there except me. anyways, i see them get back in the truck 2 mins later and drive off, because of the snow it was super easy to track where they went. so i walk back in the timber and see a whole bunch of foot prints around a tree that over looks a huge amount of deer tracks. it seems they took their camera out, if i had to guess. So the question is, what do i do? im going to keep checking the area, and see if i find any of there gear, if so i would guess im gonna take it down, im the only person that can hunt that land, but one good thing did happen, they led my straight to a deer trail that i didnt know was there! What should i do!?
This is could cause you problems for a very long time. Maybe it will be an up scale neighborhood filled with lots of fine folks that you will become friends with and never have any problems. But you never know who might move in or out and what kind of visitors they may welcome to their home. Where there's sub-divisions there's usually free roaming cats and dogs also.

If you are serious about not wanting people on the property, then you should make certain you know the laws and what your rights are. Post the property as the law states. Contact authorities when you have trespassers, even if law enforcement is lax, it may very well help you as time goes on. Lastly, if you do decide to confront trespassers, make sure you are prepared to deal with such a situation. You might encounter a good guy that made an honest mistake or you may encounter a group of convicted felons who has nothing to lose or somebody out to trying to find a way to get a landowner to make a mistake so they can file a lawsuit. Sad but true.