Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are your goals??

Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

my number one goal is to just have fun. but besides that... im a hardcore videoer. if i cant get it on tape i dont want to take the shot. my overall goal for my hunting life is to have my videos take me someplace weather it be becoming a product designer or a full blown professional hunter i mean the chances are slim to none but its what i want to do.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Scouting and learning the deer movements--as much as anything just to be outside and maybe shoot a squirrel or two (I scout with a .22 in hand).

2. Meat for the freezer. A decent doe that shows herself is going down. I look at the early muzzleloader season as another doe season.

3. A buck with at least a small rack. That'll be a little bigger than what I've taken up to this point.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

my goal this year was a 150" or bigger with my bow. I did shoot one but just grazed his underbelly, but still had fun
Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Well I am not really a meat hunter because all we really do is make sticks out of ours and take them with when we go hunting. I don't consider myself a trophy hunter either. I am not able to get out and hunt all that often so it makes it hard to pass up a decent buck. This past season my goals were to take a doe near my grandparents farm. The deer around there are tearing up everything and my grandpa wanted a couple out of there so 2 of us got a couple doe opening morning. My other goal was to shoot a decent buck. I didn't get a buck the season before but the 2 before that I got a couple nice ones. I passed on a couple fairly nice bucks the first day out and the next morning I got a really nice 5x5. I was pretty happy with the way the season went. I had a fun time and got a nice deer, can't ask for much more than that.

This next season I hope to get a deer with my bow. I recently purchased one and haven't even been able to shoot it because of the weather. I am going to take the Bow Hunter safety course soon and get out and start practicing. I hope to spend quite a bit of time hunting this next fall. We will see what happens I guess.