Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Something Terrible Happened

Old 01-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

What no back straps!! enough to make you cry.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Spike

this happened to a buddy of mine and he made an ins. claim, they filled the whole freezer with beef of his choosing, it didnt really compare to the venison he lost but at least it was something.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last March our daughter's freezer went bad and they lost 5 deer that my grandson's and I had shot and had processed.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happened to me last year. Lost the venison that was in there as well as an entire hog that I had picked up from the locker just a week earlier. Definitely a bad deal. Sorry about your situation.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

The same thing happened to me when I just left for Iraq. My wife had to clean it out, and she wasnt very happy. Blood was all over the garage. I think the neighbors thought she chopped me up with me being gone at the same time.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

What part of Pa are you in? I am in SE Ohio, we still have 3 weeks of bow season and I would be glad to take one for you, I still have tags. I am seeing 10-12 does every evening but have been holding out for horn.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Had the meat from my deer and my 7 year olds buck in the dedicated venison freezer. Opened it up today to get some ground for sausage making this weekend and it was all rancid. Freezer was warm. It stunk to high heaven, blood dripping from the racks.

No venison and the season ended on Saturday. Even worse is my little guy has no meat from his first.

What a sick and depressing feeling.
Some yo-yos would think it was well aged.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by damascusblade5
What part of Pa are you in? I am in SE Ohio, we still have 3 weeks of bow season and I would be glad to take one for you, I still have tags. I am seeing 10-12 does every evening but have been holding out for horn.
That's a helluva nice offer. Quite generous, a real show of the spirit of the hunter tradition and well, quite frankly, an altruistic gesture.

damascus I urge you to shoot Barnes a PM or email because this is a very important time and a great opportunity to show his youngster how things should be done in our deep brotherhood.

I certainly wouldn't let it pass by.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for rhe offer. I appreciate it. However, I'm in eastern PA. About 6 hours from Ohio.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

I had the same thing happen to me.
My freezer was full of sirloin steak, and hamburger from sirloin steak.
I would buy whole sirloins, when they were on sale.
Pork chops, and all sorts of chicken.
around 350 to 400 lbs worth.
I had to throw it all away.
It made me sick.
The bad thing is I didn't have the money to replace it.
So I know what you feel like.

Things like that happen.
You just have to go on, and forget it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.