Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do we hunt?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG

Personally, I feel no need to advertise that I hunt. I dont wear hunting apparel, camo, or clothes with weapon/equipment logos, in public. I dont put hunting decals ,or even my clubs ID sticker on my truck. I do not talk about hunting, or display hunting photos at work. I do not even let my neighbors see me carrying gun cases to and from my car. Im not saying everyone else should hide that they hunt, but I just feel the negative vibes it tends to attract, outweighs any pride I get from displaying it.
thats the way you do it.
low profile.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why attempt to be logical to an anti-hunter

Tell her you never had any proper training in shopping at a meat department of a supermarket, so you took up hunting.

And that your education never included causing havoc from a earthquake, so you majored in hunting.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have zero interest in any sport other than hunting. Can't stand football and don't give a damn who won the world series or any basketball game. I used to be a pretty big NASCAR fan, but like Christmas, stupid humans have made it all about avertising and sales and it has little to do with what company builds the best car or which team sets it up and drives it the best anymore. I went to my first live race at the Kansas speedway and it was my last live race. It was such a miserable experience I can't even tell you how much I hated it. I could have seen, heard and enjoyed it so much more in the comfort of my living room and not had to be crowded, hot and staring at a jumbotron past 10,000 screaming idiots. Staying home would also have saved me several hundred dollars in tickets, travel, and food expenses, not to mention blood pressure medication and a weekend of regret that I didn't go hunting.
Anyway, after an insanely stressful and tortuous day like that, a short walk in the woods with my favorite rifle can make me less homicidal and nearly sane again, so that I can face questions like, Why do you hunt? without the strong urge to choke the life out of the person asking. After a while I forget everything save the beauty around me and I'm at peace with the world. A world that makes sense, where good sense can keep you warm, dry, comfortable and completely content. A natural being, in nature, away from artificial human stresses. Just me alone with God and his creatures. And some of them are pretty tasty too!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elton John put it best.............."It's the circle of life".

It allows me to be "part" of nature...................nothing else like it !!!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Spike

I hunt for meat, if I get a trophy that is a bonus