Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do we hunt?

Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Spike

Hunting is a way to connect to our earliest heritage. When hunting I am lost within the framework of the event. Nothing else matters, noting else is within my focus. It is me, the forest, and the challenge of the hunt. I am primarily a meat hunter. What I harvest is the only red meat I eat. A truely spiritual experience for some of us, but we must recognize that there are many valid reasons held by others.

Wildbill51

www.wildramblings.com
Old 01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

i don't explain to none hunters why i hunt [waste of time] no win situation ..i hunt because i enjoy it ..ps. i also hunt with my camera ...

Last edited by heinz57; 01-14-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt because I can. It is a way of life for me and most of my family.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is an instinct. It is part of human history that dates back many thousands of years. Anyone who eats meat, which Im sure includes your classmate, has no right to question the ethics of hunting.

Personally, I feel no need to advertise that I hunt. I dont wear hunting apparel, camo, or clothes with weapon/equipment logos, in public. I dont put hunting decals ,or even my clubs ID sticker on my truck. I do not talk about hunting, or display hunting photos at work. I do not even let my neighbors see me carrying gun cases to and from my car. Im not saying everyone else should hide that they hunt, but I just feel the negative vibes it tends to attract, outweighs any pride I get from displaying it.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by basserman
I hunt because I love it. Just as the feeling of love is hard to explain, so is the love of hunting.

Need say no more.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by basserman
LOL I wrote that years ago and submitted it to a wisc outdoor mag
So you plagiarized yourself? LOL!

iSnipe
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Spike

simple answer.
we hunt because hunting is hardcoded in every human.
modern humanity has survived one Ice Age by inventing the flint and hunting.
some of us are 'active hunters' because the 'hunting' gene code is stronger in us than others.
thats what i tell my wife and it shuts her up.
simple logic.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by castor0troy

thats what i tell my wife and it shuts her up.

Please send me the recipe ASAP.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Nuff Said!

Basserman and comments already spoken I can add very little to it,I concur. I like you my fellow Hunters go being content just to be in the woods, but seeing all these amazing creatures is a blessing. I must admit that when I watched by Buck bleed out that was tuff being my first kill, I was not without compassion for this majestic animal. I also think it needful to manage the population for thier ultimate good. If people who ask such questions would think it through they would become hunters or at least understand why it must be done. Good Hunting!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by llpaintball
Today in class I was wearing a legendary whitetails sweatshirt and had some girl come up to me and give me a hard time for hunting. I tuned her out and then she asked me why I hunt. I told her I hunt because I love being in the outdoors, I love the challenge, and its a good chance to get away from anything.

I have a lot more reasons for why I love to hunt but the list would go on all day. I wanna hear why everyone else loves to hunt.

Just a discussion topic.
Was she hottt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.