Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Disabled Hunters Hunt cancelled! >

Disabled Hunters Hunt cancelled!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disabled Hunters Hunt cancelled!

Old 12-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Spike

Thumbs down Disabled Hunters Hunt cancelled!

I just got this news from another hunter who is disabled and the outfitter is on the outfitter guide list here.
Well for now the hunt i thought was going to be with the Hamilton county outfitters in Hamilton county il. is not happening. i got a call from Greg at Disabled Sportsmen of America today and he said the people there are backing out of the hunt. the sad thing is Greg one of the founders of DSA sold his jeep to get me this hunt and is out 400 bucks for the license they spent for my buck tag.
needless to say he was pretty ticked off about losing my hunt and said the next hunt he got was mine.
i want to thank everyone who had helped me out and i hope you will understand that this was something that should of never happened like that
please let it be known that Hamilton County Outfitters is not a place to hunt or make plans to hunt if they will do this to people.
What is that about it's not right to do this to a disabled person.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Sorry to hear about the situation. You'd think a business like that would JUMP at the opportunity to host a hunt of that nature... if not for any financial gain, but for the feeling of accomplishing something fun for all involved.

Someone posted here a while back about hunters setting up hunts for the disabled. Sadly enough the post didn't attract much attention and it dropped to the 2nd page almost immediately. I was one of the few, if not the only one, who bothered to reply.

From that post, I was inspired to get something off the ground to help disabled hunters and started negotiating terms for an existing domain name to build a website where disabled hunters can gather along with other hunters will to take them out hunting. The project is still on the drawing board, but it will take fruition.

Hope you find better help with a hunt elsewhere. Hunting is such a fun past time, its hard to fathom some people don't like it at all.

Best of luck to you,

iSnipe
Old 12-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude that sux....go into the chat room tonight , i cant remember who , but the guys with red next to their name will know who sets up disabled hunts. bet they can get you in.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

i dont know how comfortable it would be for ya, but i have a lil spot in east Texas. your more than welcome to come this year if you would like.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can get you in touch with the Illinois Wheelin Sportsmen. They are part of the NWTF. If interested, send me a PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Spike

Default disabled hunt

heres the facts on this hunt. i orginally made a deal with someone represnenting this hunter that disabled hunter could hunt. then whoever represents the disabled hunter changed hands on there end. anyways heres the deal . we would let disabled hunter hunt for free with us. they would try to bring a pay hunter along to off set cost on our end. then they changed person on there end and new guy asked if guys dad could hunt for free and i said yes. point guy for disabled hunter said a total of 4 guys would be staying at our lodge. i told him in my email that it would be 100 a nite to use our house down on farm total for the 4 of them. i also told him any one other then hunter and his dad we would charge 500 a week to hunt. if they do not stay at our place that is fine there is a hotel 10 miles from farm either way deal is still on on our end. if they stay at hotel we will not charge anything except 500 a week for anybody else to hunt. my partner didnt want to do deal in first place so this is all on me. we are not backing out of anythingif they all want to come is fine i just do not have time for a bunch of bs. thats the deal seems pretty good deal to me bob
Old 12-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds feasible food plot. Glad to see a reply and hope things work out. Looks like your generosity is there provided a few key paying hunters are involved too. The off-set of the expenses thing seems fair. Best of luck to all involved and maybe the hunt can get rollin'!

iSnipe
Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Spike

My Name is Greg Matthews I am the CEO for DSA. I would like to set the record straight. The Comment below was not posted by our Disabled hunter and the person that made the post had no right to do this.

Let me make this perfectly clear the outfitter is not to blame. I will explain this in another post. I ask the person who posted this thread to delete his post and if this person posted it any were else to delete it as well.

DSA is currently working with the outfitter. I will explain my position.

I hope the original person that posted it will ask the moderators to pull this thread and put a retraction here for what they said.

Thank you
Greg l Matthews
DSA/CEO

Originally Posted by lpcjon2
I just got this news from another hunter who is disabled and the outfitter is on the outfitter guide list here.
Well for now the hunt i thought was going to be with the Hamilton county outfitters in Hamilton county il. is not happening. i got a call from Greg at Disabled Sportsmen of America today and he said the people there are backing out of the hunt. the sad thing is Greg one of the founders of DSA sold his jeep to get me this hunt and is out 400 bucks for the license they spent for my buck tag.
needless to say he was pretty ticked off about losing my hunt and said the next hunt he got was mine.
i want to thank everyone who had helped me out and i hope you will understand that this was something that should of never happened like that
please let it be known that Hamilton County Outfitters is not a place to hunt or make plans to hunt if they will do this to people.
What is that about it's not right to do this to a disabled person.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Spike

Greg sounds like you guys are trying to make it it right. I hope this guy gets to hunt.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Spike

I will get this fixed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.