Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What kind of real hunter does this? >

What kind of real hunter does this?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What kind of real hunter does this?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry What kind of real hunter does this?

Ok I was out in the field the other day messen around and checken my trail cmaera when I look up and see my neighbor driven threw his field at that time I notice some deer on the fence row 120 yards away from me on his side.of the fence probably 20 yards away from the fence so he had all the right in the world to shoot them...he steps out of the truck and
I cant tell he is going to shoot so I duck down not to scare the deer and to be safer from a bullet.He pulls the trigger and I hear his truck door slam and he drives off.So I stand up thinking he missed but I see 6 does run infront of me when I thought their was 7 but I ignored it and went on with my businnes.3 days later I come back and see buzzards and I like to go see what they are cirlcing incase it happens to be a buck I can salvage the horns off of.I walk to the fence row and their is a doe still laying their with a spine shot on her!I knew it was the neighbors buck and at that point my blood boiled!It is his land but he doesnt graze that land except during the spring and he doesnt hay it if he wasnt gonna take the deer why in the he!! would he shoot it?His land yes it was but still no reason to leave a perfectly good deer lay!!!

Sorry just wanted to vent cant stand this kind of stuff!So called pro hunters will leave a deer lay in south texas over night after a freaken double lung shot which I dont understand either!

Sorry again got carried away leave your opinions!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's tough when a neighbor does that. On one hand you want to give him a good talkin' too and the other, you want to remain civil... as being his neighbor and all.

I would at the least tell him what you witnessed and that was his doe he killed and he should put a tag on it. Regardless if he thought he missed or not, it's his deer to tag. It's a pathetic shame for someone to take a shot and not even consider looking for it.

Isn't there some sort of game law there that says you have to be X amount of feet from a running vehicle before you shoot?

Glad you were not hurt. Ducking was a smart idea.

iSnipe

P.S. "As far as Texas, it does get cold down there. And I know some don't care about the meat, but what's on his head!"
Old 12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to report him to the DNR. I'm pretty sure it's illegal, at the very least questionable, to shoot an animal from a vehicle. Even though he exited the vehicle to take the shot, it still might qualify. And I'm also pretty sure it's illegal to shoot a game animal like that when he had no intentions of recovering it.

I'd definitely report him. Neighbor or not.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

What kind of real hunter does this? .... an ******* !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Stupid, stupid people.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

sad someone could be so stupid.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in texas, it is unlawful to throw away or discard any part of a game animal that is edible, and you must try and salvage every morsal..the law reads that all 1/4s, tenderloins, bak strap, neck pleats, rib meat and proof of sex must be kept, and to intentionally leave any game animal dead after the shot is just unethical..

if i were you, sounds like he might need some "management" help...maybe the deer was sufferin, or something and he put her down, i dunno..there are alwaz 3 sides to every story..yours, his and the truth.. not sayin anyone is lying or anything, ya jus never know.

in texas you can get permits to kill off deer, and leave em lie, so once again, ya never know..

it is unlawful to shoot from a vehicle in texas, or so many feet from a road (dont get me ta lying on how far)

better to ask what he was doin, than to accuse him..better results that way.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

even if i tried to report him i was ducked in tall grass i have no proof how far away from the truck he was as far as him thinking he missed the grass in the field he was in isnt over my ankle in height he either dont care or is blind....i looked in the arkansas handbook b4 i posted i'd feel stupid if he could leave it lay legally but i never found nything saying he could or couldnt leave it lay all i know is he broke a true hunter law IMO...i also dont want to P him off i would like to know why he shot and left it though...maybe a injury to the deer that would be kinda understandable for shooting not leaving it but shooting it?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

I don't see anything unusual in the story, but then I don't know your laws. Here in Missouri that is the only acceptable, legal way for a landowner to get rid of too many deer. If a land owner wants to shoot deer to save crops or maybe they're eating his cattles feed the only legal way is to shoot them and leave them. Taking them home for supper would be hunting and that is illegal with out a tag, so maybe he didn't have a tag, and was just exterminating unwanted deer from his farm. Farmers here can shoot them year round in that manner, and they're such a nuisance that they are called antlered rats by many.
I personally would rather see them processed and used as human food, but then the buzzards and coyotes and everything else would miss out.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

[quote=heinz57;3517783]What kind of real hunter does this? ....not a real HUNTER in my book ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.