Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DS Shot His FIRST BUCK!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. Let's not beat a dead horse here. While I think luck had a big role in this situation, it's a done deal. Let's not lose focus of the thread and that was to share a moment in time about a successful hunt. I think the message of what we all think is clear and any more of the same is just over-doing it and ruining the moment.

A trigger was pulled, a buck went down! Anything else during that time, whether it be right or wrong, I'm sure is being more aware of now and the points are understood.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Spike

congrates to the kid first and formost. i didnt want to get involved in this but i couldnt hold back.
i really hope it was not a 600 yard shot. i just do not believe that is an ethical shot for someone who has
1. never shot a deer
2. never shot that gun
3. and its 600 yards
not trying to start a war but this is not how i would want my kids to be taught how to hunt.
congrats to the boy
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Hey guys. Let's not beat a dead horse here. While I think luck had a big role in this situation, it's a done deal. Let's not lose focus of the thread and that was to share a moment in time about a successful hunt. I think the message of what we all think is clear and any more of the same is just over-doing it and ruining the moment.

A trigger was pulled, a buck went down! Anything else during that time, whether it be right or wrong, I'm sure is being more aware of now and the points are understood.

iSnipe
Too me, it wouldnt' have been a proud moment knowing I just vollied a shot 600 yards and got lucky. I have killed some nice deer with my bow. And the moment was ruined by a femorial artery shot where was too impatient to wait for the perfect shot. Sure, deer died instantly, but I wasn't proud.

It more than just about the kill IMO.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question

Via Signature Line:

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Ephesians 4:29 (New King James Version)

29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
I find your post ironic, given your signature line... How is your post imparting grace to the young man whom this post is about? Don't you think after he's read over SEVERAL posts all saying pretty much the same thing, that he gets the point by now?

How is adding your .02¢ to what was suppose to be a happy occasion shared here, edifying this young man?

Wouldn't in be corrupt words if said young man has already heard your tune several times before and now it is only adding fuel to an existing fire?

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Spike

Congrats' on a fine first deer! May he have many more happy and successful returns from the whitetail woods.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The original pictures are gone.

I haven't seen the poster reply in a while.

I wonder why?

Why don't you guys keep track and see when this poster posts again and if you don't see any for a while, you'll know why.

bigcountry, I'm still waiting for a reply.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Another thing for some of you brainiacs out there...

You should have read the post on top that is "Sticky" by Father Forkhorn entitled Another way to ruin hunting...

Some of y'all will maybe then learn how your gracious posts have contributed to this young man's "suppose to be" fun times.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
bigcountry

Via Signature Line:

I find your post ironic, given your signature line... How is your post imparting grace to the young man whom this post is about? Don't you think after he's read over SEVERAL posts all saying pretty much the same thing, that he gets the point by now?

How is adding your .02¢ to what was suppose to be a happy occasion shared here, edifying this young man?

Wouldn't in be corrupt words if said young man has already heard your tune several times before and now it is only adding fuel to an existing fire?

iSnipe
No, because honestly, I don't think the original poster actually gets it. If he actually got it, then sure. I have the right to say how I feel.

I sure don't mean to offend you or hurt your feelings as much as I have, but honestly, it doesn't sound like you get it either. How old are you?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're the one who doesn't have a clue what's going on.

You're a hypocrite. Your post does absolutely NOTHING to this post. As far as hurting my feelings... Please, what a low-wattage thing to say. LOL!

And you know darn well I'm spot on in my questioning as you tried to duck it, but I'm right.

Go read Father Forkhorn's post. You definitely need some more learning to do.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
bigcountry

You're the one who doesn't have a clue what's going on.

You're a hypocrite. Your post does absolutely NOTHING to this post. As far as hurting my feelings... Please, what a low-wattage thing to say. LOL!

And you know darn well I'm spot on in my questioning as you tried to duck it, but I'm right.

Go read Father Forkhorn's post. You definitely need some more learning to do.

iSnipe
A good question is, why are so upset over this? Why do you feel the need to make this some huge big deal on here? I the right to say my piece. I said my piece, not to you, but to the poster. Don't talk to me, talk to him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.