Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DS Shot His FIRST BUCK!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's post exactly like yours who's made this young man's supposed happy times turn into crap. Look how many ***** like you who have said pretty much the identical things! How many times do you think he needs to hear the same old thing?

And why are you ducking my question Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man? Just answer my questions! LOL!

Why do you feel the need to duck my questions? You know I'm right.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Don't talk to me, talk to him.
I'm talking to you Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man because YOU quoted me FIRST!

So back at you with your "Don't talk to me, talk to him" BS.

iSnipe
Old 12-03-2009, 08:18 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I'm talking to you Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man because YOU quoted me FIRST!

So back at you with your "Don't talk to me, talk to him" BS.

iSnipe

Again, I posted to the original poster. I don't know how many people said what I said or not. I have no interest. I didn't post to you. I posted to him. What have you done to deserve a reply to anything? You join in Sept, and you feel you deserve answers? I don't think so. Who are you again? How old are you?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you persist to duck my questions? You think through your mere rhetoric I'm going to lose sight you are not answering my questions?

They're good questions too, Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man.

You quoted me FIRST Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man. Now I'm going to finish it, since you brought it upon yourself to address me FIRST.

As far as joining, you think now that people who join later than yourself are subordinates? Probably so. LOL! And as far as my age, old enough to know enough scripture to not be a hypocrite... and old enough to fire you in any of my businesses just for your inability to stay on topic... and that is to address my questioning! I have a forum of a few thousand in a different outdoor industry and am a member of several forums, all adding valuable input to the OP wanting help. Of which your posts have contributed what? Not much.

And you didn't address the orig. poster when you quoted me Mr. Quote-The-Scripture Man! You quote me, you address me.

You and your grandiosity of attitude thinking others who have joined later than you are subordinates is extremely distasteful and unappealing.

iSnipe
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Why do you persist to duck my questions? You think through your mere rhetoric I'm going to lose sight you are not answering my questions?

iSnipe
You ever thought possibly, your not worth answering? If you continue to come at me like a 20 teen year old, kid you will continue to be treated as such.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The original poster is the proud mother of a 13 year old boy. They are both just learning how to hunt for the first time and she was excited to share a joyous time in her and her sons life. They are both now hunters for life and will look forward to hunting season every fall. The only ones that they have to learn from is her father and her brother, and us. Whether you agree with what happened or not it happened, and criticizing them now will only cause them to not want to listen to us. If you really want to help and turn these two beginners into "responsible hunters", then you should use the upcoming year to encourage them to buy a rangefinder, and to practice shooting at very long distances. Everyone should just think back to their first deer and how they felt, don't ruin it for this kid. He was just doing what his grandfather and his uncle told him to do, and he pulled it off. Congrats DS, nice buck!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigcountry,

Whatever. You mean nothing to me, but an embarassing Mr. O'preaching hypocrite.

iSnipe
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ridge, go you know where, ***-****!

iSnipe
Old 12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

This has turned into waaay too much of an ethics commitee. He was with two veteran hunters who truley believed that he could make the shot, and obviously he COULD!!!! So why don't we stop judging the shot and start praising the deer. DS, nice buck man
Old 12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seriously doubt it was 600 yards, but if it was, then I've gotta go with BC and RR (who's taken shots at twice as far ) on this and say that there is no way that a new shooter with precisely zero trigger time should have attempted that shot. Heck, I'm a former Marine Expert Rifleman, I've shot with iron sights at 500 meters (that's 550 yards), but there's no way I'd tray this shot with my 257 Wby with its mil-dot scope, and it shoots flatter than the 7mm Rem Mag. It turned out ok, but let's face it, the kid got really lucky. Even a 25 yard range estimation error is roughly 7" of difference in drop. 600 yards is way too far to be guessing holdover and windage (with zero experience with doing either) when shooting at a live animal.

It's a great buck, and a very LUCKY shot, but it easily could have been a very poor shot. I'm happy for the kid, because it's not really his fault for doing what his dad and uncle told him to. It's the adults in the situation I take issue with. They should have known better.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.