Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DS Shot His FIRST BUCK!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
This has turned into waaay too much of an ethics commitee. He was with two veteran hunters who truley believed that he could make the shot, and obviously he COULD!!!! So why don't we stop judging the shot and start praising the deer. DS, nice buck man
I saw the picture from where the deer was shot. In my judgement the shot was only 300-350 yards, who knows maybe I'm off some but it wasn't 600. We have an enthusiastic mother-son partnership who are hunting for the first time. The kid did make the shot using advice that was better suited to a 300-350 yard shot. We all know that 300 yards is very doable, someone in the family should spring for a laser rangefinder and go back to that same field and practice shooting at targets so that the same shot next year will be a chipshot.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Give the kid a dollar and let him buy a lottery ticket. I think he would have a better chance of hitting the lottery than making a similar shot two times in a row. Pure luck.