Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who Else Is Busting Out The Trusty 30-30 This Weekend? >

Who Else Is Busting Out The Trusty 30-30 This Weekend?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who Else Is Busting Out The Trusty 30-30 This Weekend?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be draggin out the 30-30 sometime this year.
I actually pulled a shot earlier with my 44, that pissed me off.
I guess I had "yearling fever". Oh well.
Owe myself a deer with a .44 before I grab the ole Winchester cheekslapper.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to love the 30-30, I think that too many people worry about long shots. Most hunters don't even practice enough to hit a deer beyond a 30-30's range. As far as a gun being shiny, there are a lot of shiny things in the woods, it's movement that'll spook a deer. Here's a pic of my 336SS in 30-30, I use the LE ammo also.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Banned

Depends how Wednesday goes. Got skunked this weekend, season ends on Saturday. If I get at least one down, then the old Model 94 gets to go for a ride. It's 50 yards or less with that gun (open sights). Hate to leave something to chance and have to buy meat this year. Maybe I should take it out anyway and see if it changes my mojo. Already decided I can't wear the same hat again this week, since its been bad luck. I'd wear a camo dress at this point if it would help.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Win 94 in 30-30 but sold it.Nice gun but I want a Marlin next time around.Gotta sell off some music gear first though.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Winchester for nostalgia
Marlin for accuracy