Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Take your kid hunting!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Take your kid hunting!

This is my 5 1/2 little princess! 2 years ago she loved to sit in the blind listening to me calling turkeys during spring gobbler season. The next christmas she wanted a bow so she could shoot her bow like daddy. Of course hers is a plastic bow with suction cup arrows, but she is showing the enthusiasm and form of a future huntress, and a darn good one too! I have a pretty large lease with a 2 acre clover/chickory plot and she loves to go with me and watch the deer eat. She sits with me and watches the hunting shows and always gets excited when she see the monster bucks...as she calls them in her own words.

This bowseason she started kindergarten and when she found out that after I put her on the school bus I was going hunting she would come home and want to go hunting with me in the afternoons. I finally gave in and took her to Gander Mountain and got some youth camo's and off we went. She has her own pair of binoculars that she is glued to for hours watching the deer feed in field and watching for "mr. big buck".

She isnt bothered by the blast of a 12 guage or muzzleloader and cant wait to get the pink .22 she always admires at the gun shop. I thought it was awesome to have her pursue these things on her own, and to take these pictures made me feel proud.

This is her blind she helped me camo with branches, only 20 yards from deer trails and the clover plot.

Im trying to get the other pictures to show up but all I can do is post the link. You get my point...I never really understood the phrase "take your child hunting or fishing" until now!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ingfordeer.jpg

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 11-09-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So are you going to get her the pink .22 you said she wanted?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't stress enough how important it is to get the kids out there to enjoy hunting and the shooting sports. Especially with todays broken homes and divorced families, I fell that far to many Dads don't do the job they should.

CONGRATS to your for doing your part in passing along this tradition that we all love and best of luck to your and your Daughter.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I can't stress enough how important it is to get the kids out there to enjoy hunting and the shooting sports. Especially with todays broken homes and divorced families, I fell that far to many Dads don't do the job they should.

CONGRATS to your for doing your part in passing along this tradition that we all love and best of luck to your and your Daughter.
well said!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
So are you going to get her the pink .22 you said she wanted?
I told her maybe for Christmas or her 6th birthday in April. Shes a good shot with a pellet gun, and has shot my .22 only once, a bit too big for her. The pink one is actually perfect for her arm length!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have a daughter as well... same age and same NAME!
She too loves to go out with me!
been looking at bows and guns this year.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Taking your daughter or son hunting is so much more than hunting. It's about grass root values for life. This day and age so many people let themselves be caught up in the electronics world..........and it's really sad. I didn't have all these appliances from hell when I was a kid, and I'm very thankful for that. Those of us that are connected with nature and hunting, tend to have a better outlook on life. There is a lot to be said about the pharse "can't grill it till ya kill it"....................
Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Spike

wow my younger daughter monicka is 11 but she really surprised me this year , this is my first year shooting with a bow , and she said dad can i go , she just started shooting with a bow so i said sure but maybee you should go with me a watch a few times, she said no i wont go to watch i only want to go if i can shoot , i need to get her a bow as the one uses is to big and she can hardly pull it back let alone aim so i said how about learning to shoot with a muzzel loader and my friend says yea my son started at 9 , hes about your size , so we went home , i had her shoot a 22 with a scope and she did pretty good , so last night i had her shoot the muzzel loader with one load and she said thats loud but i think i will try it , that is an amazing feeling . so this weekend we shall see how she does with a target , opening season is dec 5th my birthday , that will be a great present . second only to my cassy my 16 year old she was born on fathers day , she shoots a bow pretty good but wont hunt , and shes always been the tom boy ,
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Spike

I started taking my son with me when he was 3. He carried a plastic stock off of a 22, no barrel. He took his first deer, a doe, when he was 6. He took 2 last year, a doe and a spike. They might as well be monsters to him and I both. I think I have more pictures of his deer than all of mine combined. He can't wait until this weekend, our opening weekend. I get so caught up in him hunting that I often forget I have a gun too. I haven't taken a deer in two years...... It's an experience like no other.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Spike

Dress the child appropriately to keep her warm and dry. Use the legal hunter's orange clothing as the outermost layer and equip her with proper shoes. Take snacks and crossword puzzles to keep her occupied while waiting for game.

Be aware of the child's attention span which is less than that of an adult or seasoned hunter. Children tend to be noisier and want to move around to explore the woods. Make sure they see some animals to keep their interest alive.

Remember that killing game is never the ultimate objective of hunting but rather focus on relaxing and bonding with your child in the outdoors. Teach the child about safety, hunting ethics and wildlife preservation as you hunt.

===================
orlando free mls
plumber sydney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.