HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Take your kid hunting!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default Take your kid hunting!

This is my 5 1/2 little princess! 2 years ago she loved to sit in the blind listening to me calling turkeys during spring gobbler season. The next christmas she wanted a bow so she could shoot her bow like daddy. Of course hers is a plastic bow with suction cup arrows, but she is showing the enthusiasm and form of a future huntress, and a darn good one too! I have a pretty large lease with a 2 acre clover/chickory plot and she loves to go with me and watch the deer eat. She sits with me and watches the hunting shows and always gets excited when she see the monster bucks...as she calls them in her own words.

This bowseason she started kindergarten and when she found out that after I put her on the school bus I was going hunting she would come home and want to go hunting with me in the afternoons. I finally gave in and took her to Gander Mountain and got some youth camo's and off we went. She has her own pair of binoculars that she is glued to for hours watching the deer feed in field and watching for "mr. big buck".

She isnt bothered by the blast of a 12 guage or muzzleloader and cant wait to get the pink .22 she always admires at the gun shop. I thought it was awesome to have her pursue these things on her own, and to take these pictures made me feel proud.

This is her blind she helped me camo with branches, only 20 yards from deer trails and the clover plot.

Im trying to get the other pictures to show up but all I can do is post the link. You get my point...I never really understood the phrase "take your child hunting or fishing" until now!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ingfordeer.jpg

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 11-09-2009 at 04:25 PM.