Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

has anybody had a deer stolen

Old 01-24-2002, 10:29 PM

Default has anybody had a deer stolen

i haven't but my dads buddy had a nice 8 pt stolen a few years back..they took it in the middle of the night..now he hangs his bucks in the barn...i am very wary of hanging a buck outside for any long period of time..what are your stories
Old 01-24-2002, 11:23 PM

Default RE: has anybody had a deer stolen

I had my first deer I shot stolen. I watched it drop, and another guy shot it when it was down. He said that it was his and he would shoot me or call the Game Commission on me if I didn't leave right then. I left him have it, it was a ten point that probablly went in the 130 range. A guy I know did have his antlers stolen three years ago. He shot a perfectly typical twelve point of my best friends uncles farm. The deer was guessed to be going in the 160 class. He hung the deer out side over night, he woke up the next morning and the whole front part of the deer was gone. Somebody stole it so they could get it mounted.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-25-2002, 04:22 AM

I never had any of mine stolen,but a couple of young hunters came up to me and said that they shot a buck and two guys took it from them.They were headed to go call the game warden.I always told my son if that ever happened to him to let them have it and go get help.A deer is not worth getting shot over by some
lazy slob hunters.I have seen hunters lose deer out of the back of their trucks while stopping in a bar.When they come out the deer is gone.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2002, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It never happened to me but my dad had a 4, 6 and 8 pointer taken. At the end of the 4-point's blood trail was a gut pile and tire tracks in the field. The 6-point was shot while it was down and the guy claimed that he fired the finishing shot. The 8-point was shot after my dad hit it fataly but he gave it to the guy anyway because he fired the last shot. A few other fellows in our old hunting club had similar experiences.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 01-25-2002, 07:40 AM

Just this year during the rut I shot a nice 9pt probably around 150". I was changing stand locations and refreshing my Doe-in-heat at a feild edge.HE CAME RUNNING RIGHT TOWARDS ME AND CUT INTO THE PINES ABOUT 50 YARDS UP FROM ME. I TURNED AROUND AND STARTED INTO THE WOODS AND REALIZED HE WAS RUNNING TO ME. HE STOPPED ON THE TRAIL I CAME UP AND HAD HIS HEAD TO THE GROUND RIGHT BEHIND A TREE.I CAME TO FULL DRAW AND NAILED HIM RIGHT IN THE SHOULDER. I WATCHED HIM RUN DOWN OVER THE HILL AND BED RIGHT BY THE HORSE TRAIL. AFTER 2-3 MINUTES I CARRIED ALL MY GEAR UP TO THE VAN AND CALLED MY FRIEND TO HELP DRAG. WHEN WE WENT BACK DOWN,MY DEER WAS GONE. AND A FRESH SET OF ATV TRACKS WHERE THEY TURNED AROUND. THE PROPERTY IS POSTED AND ONLY 3 PEOPLE RIDE THEIR QUADS BACK THERE,AND THEY ALL CLAIM IT WASNT THEM.
Sorry about the caps, I didnt realize till just now.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:44 AM

I can see a person stealing the deer if they were starving, but if they would ask I would give them food. However I can't imagine someone being proud of a mount that they had stolen. Some things just defy explanation.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have never had one stolen, but to be honest as long as it was one on one this statement would apply, dead men steal no deer!

The Tazman
Old 01-25-2002, 07:53 AM

actually i remember now that my dad did have one stolen..but not by a human but rather the coyotes got to her before he could..it was a mess...good thing it was only a small doe...
Old 01-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny this topic came up. The other day when I went down to my buddy's house to get my head to be mounted out of his freezer a truck followed me from his house back to mine. You could see the tips of the horns over the bed of the truck. I was going to get out at my house and let them see it, I am very proud of this deer. When I got home they went right on by. i went in to get my game check in card and the truck came back by, the guy got out of the truck and ran to my truck, when I saw him run I went to the front door and openned it. If they wanted to see the deer I think they would have asked, they were up to no good.

Quick Reply: has anybody had a deer stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.