Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: What is your prefered method of feeding corn to your deer herd?
Timed Feeder
32.50%
Gravity Feeder
10.00%
Placed on Ground
57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Feeding Deer

Old 10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Spike

Is putting a corn pile in front of your deer stand really ethical hunting? I think not!!!!!!!! But to each his own
Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by backstrap1
Is putting a corn pile in front of your deer stand really ethical hunting? I think not!!!!!!!! But to each his own
I like to put the corn pile BEHIND my stand and I mostly scatter the corn rather than put in a pile so that it's more like a "food plot in front of a stand"
Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Spike

yeah, its natural to find a big scattered area of corn in the middle of the woods!!! I guess the indians should of came up with that idea, then they might not be so over populated. I prefer to scout and find the deer instead of putting something out that gives me an unfair advantage. Old school son, old school...........
Old 10-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, its natural to find a big scattered area of corn in the middle of the woods!!! I guess the indians should of came up with that idea, then they might not be so over populated. I prefer to scout and find the deer instead of putting something out that gives me an unfair advantage. Old school son, old school...........

If you care so much about how the indians did it maybe you should put down your gun, build your own bow from a sapling, make you own arrows and harvest your deer. Instead of something that gives you an unfair advantage.
old school son, old school.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Spike

Old school....yea right! You probably shoot mechanical broadheads, wear scentblocker, and play on your cell phone while hunting
Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Spike

For you information, I NEVER deer hunt with a gun just for that reason and I Do use a recurve with no sights. Taking a deer with a gun is like taking your sister to prom!!!! Anybody can do it......
Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Spike

For you information, I NEVER deer hunt with a gun just for that reason and I Do use a recurve with no sights. Taking a deer with a gun is like taking your sister to prom!!!! Anybody can do it......
Heck you might be on your way to your own 6:30AM hunting show.....You could call it Backstrap TV and wear tanned deer hide underwear
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

In wisconsin it's illegal to bait deer, a very stupid law. After deer season has passed, I provide my deer with deer food supplements along with high quality baled hay. All the corn in the world is useless if they don't have the roughage in there stomach to digest it.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I scatter all my corn on the ground. I don't use timed feeders because the hogs will hang around it too much and run all the deer off.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Let me guess, no camo, no treestand, no sent sprays.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.