Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day! >

Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

all these are good ideas...i wasnt sure if we were talkin bow huntin or rifle...but fer bow, shewtry and stay alert and dont move is hard, but its what ya gotta do....in a boxblind(rifle season fer me) i have an old bathroom wall heater on a 5 gal propane tank, a coleman gas stove, fryin pan, 2 gal water jug with side outlet, paper towels and tp, silverware,coffee and perk coffee pot, and a cooler with bacon eggs ,milk bread,, strawberry jelly, sugar ,ice tea ,lunch meat, cheese, you name it, i even have a chair with a buket and trash bag fer you kno what...i live in there fer 3 days at a time(comin out to go sleep and eat dinner at nite) thats the only way i have seen numerous deer where i live...when i would come out at 11am and back in at 3-4pm i hardly saw anything...the last 2 years i have been seein 500% more deer than ever befor put together ...o yeah and a nice office chair that dont squeak .. i even lay my sleepin ba down and take a nap on the floor if i dont fall asleep in my chair..usually after openin my eyes from a nap there are deer standin there, so all those readin books and playin on ur phone in the window of your blind are a no go, they are lookin fer that movement..IMO
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, my suspicions are right; you really are half baked. I can tell because you definitely have the munchies. LOL! That's a heck of a way to spend a day in the outdoors there. I feel sorry for you having to rough it like that. That's a great post. Sounds like fun too. Truth be told, I'll be doing way more ground blind hunting this year and was thinking that I will be trying out a propane heater. Never hunted with heat before.

Oh, the post is for any hunting; bow or rifle... crossbow, spear, etc. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Spike

yeah leave the electronics at home. i have a theory that they can sense them - could be wrong but it's distracting nontheless. food is the ticket.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will rarely if ever stay in a stand all day long. One will be a whole lot more alert on an afternoon stand if he takes a break during the middle of the day. Those who insist on being in the stand all day long will get tired and probably miss seeing deer that they otherwise would have if they took a break in the middle of the day. Playing games or listening to i-pods while in the stand is a sure way to miss seeing some deer also. If hunting bores someone that much then maybe they shouldn't be hunting.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
Yep, my suspicions are right; you really are half baked. I can tell because you definitely have the munchies. LOL! That's a heck of a way to spend a day in the outdoors there. I feel sorry for you having to rough it like that. That's a great post. Sounds like fun too. Truth be told, I'll be doing way more ground blind hunting this year and was thinking that I will be trying out a propane heater. Never hunted with heat before.

Oh, the post is for any hunting; bow or rifle... crossbow, spear, etc. LOL!

iSnipe

well it gives me no reason to leave and its taken me years to figure out how 2 see deer in E Texas..before i'd rarely see a single deer...now i see 1-7 deer a day now...and that to me is progress...i am in a ground blind as well..on a severe hill ..its like bein in the air though...

as for who-ever said that you will see more deer if ya take a break....lol plzzzzzzzz