Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need some help!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default need some help!

hey fellas and gals i need some help with a research paper. im doing it on fixed blade v. mechanical broadheads and im explaining why fixed blade heads are better and i was wandering if i had anysupport out there with this and anything you would like to add to help me support it.... testimonials, experiences, or any additional info. thanks hope to hear back from some people. thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by bowtechcommander
...im explaining why fixed blade heads are better...
Not in my book they're not. LOL! While being a self-employed fanatical bowhunter, I took off large blocks of time just to be in the deer woods and have tried many broadheads over the years... until I found one I like. No need to worry which one, as I have the last ones left. LOL! Anyway, you open a can of killer bees when you put "vs" in your post!

Best of luck on your project. Am always willing to learn something new. On the other side of that coin, I do love Muzzy's 75gr. 3 bladed. They fly and perform excellent for me.

iSnipe
Old 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

mechanicals are more aerodynamic and fly more like field tips fixed blades the problem with mechanicals is that they dont deploy on time often and with over the top broadheads like the grim reapers i shoot tend to deflect
fixed blades can also gather more inertia and deliver more bonecrushing power

Last edited by lil hammer; 10-19-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Spike

i know man its a can of bees but im a firm beleiver of fixed heads and muzzy mx-4s are the only broadheads i trust i just wanna see some personaly oppinons man thanks for the reply appriciate it
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Spike

I say fixed are way better. Mech. blades are Mechanical and Mechanical thing break down. Also a fixed Bladed broad heads in a chest cavity still cut while a Mech. will fold up and not cut. Murphy's law says anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Why use something that can mess up before it even starts to work.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken 14 deer in the last 5 seasons with mechanical broadheads and I've taken more than that in previous years using fixed broadheads. I do believe that with fixed blades you can get by using less poundage. I shoot mechanicals now and have my bow set at 65lbs. and get complete pass throughs most of the time. I did the same thing with fixed blades at 50 lbs draw weight. I've seen a lot more deer fall within 40 yards and easier to follow blood trails using mechanicals.