Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day! >

Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need Tips For Staying On Stand ALL Day!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will just add one more comment. Some folks just cannot stay in one stand all day from sunrise to sunset. This is true for a few of my hunting buddies. They will be the first to say there is no way they can stay on stand for that long.

I think no matter what some hunters do, they will never be able to hunt all day from the same stand and they admit it.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Get in the woods and hunt!! bring a watch but dont worry about the time...Hunt!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Spike

First off you wanna be comfortable. You also might pack some snacks or games to play.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Spike

the only time i managed to stay all day i fell asleep at 9 in the morning and woke up after dark and had no idea were i was. now when im tired i go in for awhile lest a rutting buck take advantage of a deep sleeping hunter
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

i have sat all day on many occasions. first eat a big breakfast. fuel for the body to create warmth. also keeps you alert longer. take your lunch and snacks with you. make a plan before though. example, if you say your not going to eat or drink till 10 then dont. then not till 3 . then dont. you'll stay sharper and more in tune of the area. cover your head good,most body heat is lost there. i wear an under armour facemask with a knit hat over that. since i started with the au mask,i noticed a big difference in staying warmer. next is hands and feet. keep them warm. also lower back area. also if your doing blind calling you can stay alert more. and you just may entice that big boy to come in.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Spike

I try & take extra clothes if needed when its cold, along with a video camera, and like someone else said try & not look at my watch. A comfortable stand is a must. I only take water with me, what kind of food does everyone take? I worry about the scent from food as I only bow hunt. What do you do if the wind changes, do you get down & leave or hope your scent control / clothes do their job & stay put? I saw the same small buck twice in one day last year by sitting all day. I also think it helps if you are seeing deer. It is a lot tougher if there is not any moving at all, but I am also thinking that if I get down I might miss my only chance at a great buck. This year I downloaded a couple of games on my cell phone to keep me ocupied.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Spike

A good nights sleep,not being hungover........the treestand
Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

One of the biggest day-enders for many people is cold feet. No matter what people tell you to do with socks and boot combos, some people's feet just get cold no matter what. However, I've found a good pair of boot blankets, pick your brand, work wonders. What I do is stap the boot blankets over my insulated rubber boots when on stand or in blind and then slip in a large chemical warmer over my toes in each. Do this and your feet will not get cold no matter who you are. In fact, mine are downright toasty for the whole day.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

a nice comfy ladderstand.....

a nice nap, or a couple of them...lol

later in the year less daylight, more rutting activity, staying all day ain't so bad...especially if you're seeing deer.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Spike

Default Stand

You can only do so much while your up there, if you start reading or loosing concentration you will miss your buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.