Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This guy makes me sick

Old 09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

isnt that the guy whos all about horn heaven whitetails. i mean comeone stocking your high fenced farm with big whitetails. and im sure the prices are outrageous. i hate how all the hunting shows are becoming these days. all about sponsors and big deer. im sure some of those hunters just shoot the deer recover cut the horns off and leave. o and dont get me started with him and paradice hunting club. hunting starting at just 4000 buck i mean comeon paying 4000 bucks just to shoot a deer.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Shooting fish in a barrel might be fun, but it isn't a sport.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself have a tendency not to whine and complain about other people's "hunting rights" and methods. I'm not into those hunts for some of the same reasons listed above, however, I'm not going to be a hypocrite for making claims against other hunter's methods because maybe the way I hunt "offends" others. ?? I see it as another way for someone to hunt and I'm glad they have that right. It's not a hunt experience I'm after, but I'm sure as heck am not going to try and remove or complain about another person's hunting options because it doesn't align with my "ethics". To each his own and am glad they at least have that right.

iSnipe
Old 09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with you SWThomas, they are for me all mine.

I watched the guy call and elk on the show. He's standing in a field bull elk in the background. He's talking in a normal loud voice saying how you have to be stealthy and quiet to get the advantage on a big bull elk. These elk were 80yds from him and he's standing in an open pasture promoting it like it's not a canned hunt. This is my opinion on canned hunts. Put any animal in a fence and it's just a matter of a short time and it's toast. It's unethical and it sure isn't much of a hunt. I believe they all should have been outlawed from the beginning. Now large ranches without game fencing allows the animal free roam. That's better. They manage the numbers of hunters so the game gets bigger.

Colorado has a no bait policy for all big game. And I think that is the best and natural way to hunt. No food plots no mineral substitutes to grow bigger antlers. Hunt them natural or they don't go in the book. I'll catch grief over it but I know why people food plot for game, because his neighbor does and if he wants animals on his place he better do the same. But you shouldn't put out minerals for horn growth that's cheating.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally see nothing wrong w/ high fenced hunts if that makes someone happy. I find it funny though how people bash Kieth warren an jackie bushman here all the time, for canned hunting, but seem to think ted nugent (biggest canned hunter ever)is god
Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I personally see nothing wrong w/ high fenced hunts if that makes someone happy. I find it funny though how people bash Kieth warren an jackie bushman here all the time, for canned hunting, but seem to think ted nugent (biggest canned hunter ever)is god
I never said I was a Ted Nugent guy he is ok but I dont love him. Also unless there is a side of Jackie Bushman that I dont know about I didnt think he was into canned hunts.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

all it comes down to is money,most hunters that have the money to spend buy them a place and try to completely control the animals . this is not what hunting is supposed to be about. when you know every animal thats on your property its not really hunting anymore. i don't care if its a huge piece of property,you still know he's out there and he can't get away. locate a big buck ,pattern him and take him totally free range ,then you can say you are a hunter. those high fence ranches are just harvasting a crop.

those high fence operations are just fuel for the fire for the antihunters,they say "he's just raiseing them so he can kill them". i think it makes all hunters look bad .

Last edited by srwshooter; 09-04-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot condemn a person for any kind of hunting they want to take part in, as long as it's legal. I might not like it and dont think it's ethical but I will not bash that person as it is still considered hunting-canned or not. Hunters need to stand up for one another, or the anti-hunters will divide and conquer all of us. Besides, I'm a diehard doghunter and I know how it's like to be targeted by other hunters and anti-hunting organizations. As long as it's legal and there's a market for these hunts it will exist anyway.....
Old 09-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too noticed the fact he hunts on many canned hunts, he claims they are no different then free roaming deer hunting.....Ummmm BS Warren, there is a huge difference.....He is boring and so is his show, I would rather watch my lawn grow
Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I have with Buckmasters is that they keep calling me trying to sell me stuff. I guess it was a mistake becoming a member. I had good intentions in mind but they pushed me away with all the calls. I won't be renuing my membership this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.