Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ughh people tick me off!!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kevin1
What those "a-holes" did was assess the needs of a piece of public land and decide that more people would benefit from it if there were ski trails, they only stopped you from driving down that pipeline for safety reasons while the construction is going on. Unless hunting access has also been shut down you can still walk in and set up. Grab your deer cart, load it up as many times as needed, and stop whining. It's called public land for a reason, you have no exclusive claim to any of it, and stressing out over something so trivial is downright childish.
While you are, of course, correct, here is the scenario in other, less harsh, words. It is decided that more people will use the property if a trail is built. Hunters will not be allowed to hunt near the trail any more for perceived "safety" reasons.

Money will be needed to build the trail though. Lets see who will get the honor of paying for the trail that shuts them out. Will it be the hunters? That's the way it seems to work here.

Last edited by Robert L E; 08-25-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
What those "a-holes" did was assess the needs of a piece of public land and decide that more people would benefit from it if there were ski trails, they only stopped you from driving down that pipeline for safety reasons while the construction is going on. Unless hunting access has also been shut down you can still walk in and set up. Grab your deer cart, load it up as many times as needed, and stop whining. It's called public land for a reason, you have no exclusive claim to any of it, and stressing out over something so trivial is downright childish.

BINGO! Nailed it!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

K thanks Tony... and it is NOT public land, its on a chunk of private land but are shutting down everything because of safety reasons. Which means "no matter how hard i try, how far i walk from, i CANNOT hunt the property" which sucks because its only i think 2 weeks till season... I'm running everywhere after school now to try and scout as much as i can and get as many sets of stands as i can up....
Old 08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

if its not public land, how is the STATE going to tell you that you cant drive on it? and how are they going to develop it if they dont own it????
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

the landowner gave them permission... meaning the landowner is with the state... Just everything is pissing me off... Tonight i walked 3 miles and found a couple heavy runways so i guess i'll just plop down there...