Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ughh people tick me off!!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ughh people tick me off!!

Well as some of you know last year i had some great bucks coming into one of my stands... I had 5 nice ones coming in and they were there again this summer. Well last week i got a phone call from a near by state park, He said that i can not drive down the pipeline anymore because they are going to be putting in a ski trail right there. 3 weeks till season and i dont have any stands up and i have did no homework. College started today so i dont have much time to scout or do anything, I've been stressing out really bad lately so do you guys have any tips for me? I need as much help as i can get from you guys! Thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

I thought twice about what I was originally gonna post. Just concentrate on your college courses.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard to concentrate on collge though.. after what those a holes did to me.. and the worst part about it.... My brother in law's mom started this whole thing... im just stressed out, pissed off, and just upset! I've been hunting, scouting everything so fricken hard now! sorry i just had to vent out a little bit... im going insane lol
Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your not allowed to drive down there, but are you still allowed to hunt the area?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are they going to be building the ski trail during season? Why is it all good things come to an end? If you can't hunt it anymore you're going to have to go to your second best spot. Your second best spot could have even better bucks. It's not the end of the world and you know there are a lot of good spots in Northern Wi.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

i would drive to where i cannot drive anymore, and walk the rest... i wouldnt give up my spot for some other dude a hole move!! showing him you dont care buy doing it... while doing school also of course lol good luck dude!!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Spike

Park as close to your spot as you can and walk the rest of the way. I use to have to hike almost a mile to my blind, antelope hunting, because the ranch owner wouldn't allow me to drive on the ranch.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by wisbowhunter2009 View Post
It's hard to concentrate on collge though.. after what those a holes did to me.. and the worst part about it.... My brother in law's mom started this whole thing... im just stressed out, pissed off, and just upset! I've been hunting, scouting everything so fricken hard now! sorry i just had to vent out a little bit... im going insane lol
What those "a-holes" did was assess the needs of a piece of public land and decide that more people would benefit from it if there were ski trails, they only stopped you from driving down that pipeline for safety reasons while the construction is going on. Unless hunting access has also been shut down you can still walk in and set up. Grab your deer cart, load it up as many times as needed, and stop whining. It's called public land for a reason, you have no exclusive claim to any of it, and stressing out over something so trivial is downright childish.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

"and i have did no homework"

Long term solution - Concentrate on your college work so you can afford to hunt in the future.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang in there bud. Youll figure something out, you ALWAYS do. Tell your mom I said "hi" lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.