HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Ughh people tick me off!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/301535-ughh-people-tick-me-off.html)

wisbowhunter2009 08-24-2009 11:44 AM

Ughh people tick me off!!

Well as some of you know last year i had some great bucks coming into one of my stands... I had 5 nice ones coming in and they were there again this summer. Well last week i got a phone call from a near by state park, He said that i can not drive down the pipeline anymore because they are going to be putting in a ski trail right there. 3 weeks till season and i dont have any stands up and i have did no homework. College started today so i dont have much time to scout or do anything, I've been stressing out really bad lately so do you guys have any tips for me? I need as much help as i can get from you guys! Thanks

teedub31 08-24-2009 05:10 PM

I thought twice about what I was originally gonna post. Just concentrate on your college courses.

wisbowhunter2009 08-24-2009 06:10 PM

It's hard to concentrate on collge though.. after what those a holes did to me.. and the worst part about it.... My brother in law's mom started this whole thing... im just stressed out, pissed off, and just upset! I've been hunting, scouting everything so fricken hard now! sorry i just had to vent out a little bit... im going insane lol

Hurricanespg 08-24-2009 06:16 PM

Your not allowed to drive down there, but are you still allowed to hunt the area?

WIbuckchaser 08-24-2009 07:25 PM

Are they going to be building the ski trail during season? Why is it all good things come to an end? If you can't hunt it anymore you're going to have to go to your second best spot. Your second best spot could have even better bucks. It's not the end of the world and you know there are a lot of good spots in Northern Wi.

allmightyhunter13 08-24-2009 08:07 PM

i would drive to where i cannot drive anymore, and walk the rest... i wouldnt give up my spot for some other dude a hole move!! showing him you dont care buy doing it... while doing school also of course lol good luck dude!!

trkytrack2 08-24-2009 10:11 PM

Park as close to your spot as you can and walk the rest of the way. I use to have to hike almost a mile to my blind, antelope hunting, because the ranch owner wouldn't allow me to drive on the ranch.

kevin1 08-25-2009 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by wisbowhunter2009 (Post 3418446)
It's hard to concentrate on collge though.. after what those a holes did to me.. and the worst part about it.... My brother in law's mom started this whole thing... im just stressed out, pissed off, and just upset! I've been hunting, scouting everything so fricken hard now! sorry i just had to vent out a little bit... im going insane lol

What those "a-holes" did was assess the needs of a piece of public land and decide that more people would benefit from it if there were ski trails, they only stopped you from driving down that pipeline for safety reasons while the construction is going on. Unless hunting access has also been shut down you can still walk in and set up. Grab your deer cart, load it up as many times as needed, and stop whining. It's called public land for a reason, you have no exclusive claim to any of it, and stressing out over something so trivial is downright childish.

aharley1 08-25-2009 03:21 AM

"and i have did no homework"

Long term solution - Concentrate on your college work so you can afford to hunt in the future.

wis_bow_huntr 08-25-2009 03:25 AM

Hang in there bud. Youll figure something out, you ALWAYS do. Tell your mom I said "hi" lol.