Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wifes and hunting

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has said for years that she wanted to go hunting with me, but she's never gotten around to taking Hunters Safety so she can buy a license. Now we have three young kids (4 years old and younger) and I doubt very much that we could find a babysitter to watch them all day while we hunted together. Maybe in a few years when our oldest is old enough to watch her little brothers, but that's a ways off.

Mike
Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I HAVE to be gone, her orders, every Wed,. all day, { cleaning day }..
How did you pull that off? My wife complains if I spend more than a couple hours away from the house unless I'm at work. It's gotten to the point that I don't look forward to going to the range or out hunting because I know I'll get ragged on when I get back... and that's only if I'm out of cell range. If i have a signal and don't turn my phone off, she'll call half a dozen times asking me when I'm going to be home. The crazy thing is that I don't go out until all hours like some guys do, and I never have. I haven't been to a bar (to drink) for years. As to cheating on her... I'm neither crazy or stupid enough to want to deal with TWO women in my life, I don't care how hot the mistress is. I can say for sure that if my marriage ever ended for whatever reason, I won't remarry. Women can be fun, but they're more trouble than they're worth in my experience. The best woman is the one that doesn't know your last name.

Mike
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wife and I are going on 40 years come January. When we first met, I was an avid fisher and hunter. She has not once tried to change that about me. At the same time, I didn't and don't push it. Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversary, and when we had little kids - carrying my fair share of that load as well. - and being at the kids' activities all the way through HS always came first in my mind. Since they left HS some 15 years ago, come hunting season now, I will spend practically every F-Sa.-Su. in the woods, plus 3-4 week long runs. Some times I have to wonder though when she inquires, "Now when did you say you were going hunting again?"
Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I have to say is my wife don't say anything about my extra ciricular activities. I have tried to get her to go into the woods with me but she says hell no I wouldn't make it back. I wouldn't do nothing to her she likes joking with me about it though.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Spike

My wife goes hunting & Fishing with me everytime.She even sometimes out does me.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Spike

http://

When your DW gets one like this B&C muley, everything is OK. I was with her when she made a 325 yard shot with a .280.

201 3/8 gross, 191 2/8 net...
Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Spike

Sweet-gotta love the wife that will go with ya-instead of pitching a fit everytime you go out the door.