Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wifes and hunting

Old 08-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am blessed with a wife that needs her alone time, and has no issues with me going 4-5 days on my hunts, 3-4 times a deer season, with at least one trip being up to 9 days. She has no problem with me doing day and a half trips to steelhead streams out in Erie Pa. 10-12 times a year. I HAVE to be gone, her orders, every Wed,. all day, { cleaning day }.. I don't f%#@ around on her, never have, she trusts me, and knows what makes me click. I could'nt ask for a better life partner.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RyanJ17059

Oh... like I said, we're tying the knot in October and have a wonderful 10-day honeymoon trip planned, but is it wrong I'm more excited about deer season this fall?

Frankly, I believe it's wrong to get married on the first day of bow season. lol. There's an anniversary date that COULD lead to future issues.

Seriously though, congrats!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

My girlfriend knew from the start that I hunt and fish hard. We've been together for 3 years now. I have given up other hobbies for the relationship, but not the hunting and fishing. We've had out moments at times because she cant figure out how her dad and brother can come home early on a sunday when I come home after sun down. Its how I hunt, and I think she is starting to get more and more used to it. Her big thing though is for me to spend time with the family, so if I can plan that earlier in the year, that clears me for hunting season, fair trade. I did however get her interested in shooting bows and in the process of getting her set up with her own so that she can shoot with me. Next I will get her in the woods with me. lol

Last edited by The Outdoorsman; 08-10-2009 at 05:57 AM. Reason: adding a line
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RyanJ17059
Oh... like I said, we're tying the knot in October and have a wonderful 10-day honeymoon trip planned, but is it wrong I'm more excited about deer season this fall?
I sure wouldn't tell her!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

i hunted when we first met,but nothing like i do now. back then i couldn't afford to take much time off to hunt. after 31yrs of marriage i can now afford to take a month or 2 just to hunt. the wife is fine with this as long as the bills are payed.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crokit
Frankly, I believe it's wrong to get married on the first day of bow season. lol. There's an anniversary date that COULD lead to future issues.
It was one of those things where you set the date and then weeks later you look at the weekend and "... oh ****!" LOL! Besides, October 3rd is the first day of archery THIS YEAR. I think it's always the first saturday of october, not always the 3rd.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is fine that I hunt. She doesn't hunt but will eat what I harvest. Even though she is a big animal lover she realizes there is a need to hunt. She just doesn't want to here the details. She's also ok to come out and look at my harvest before processing. I'm also OK with her shopping and going arts and crafts shows with her friends. Been married 25 years this Feb. so it seems to be working just fine for us...
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

RJPOutdoors, I think I married your SIL because that's exactly how my wife of 20 years is. She has her hobbies, and I have mine.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is very understanding when it comes to hunting. She grew up hunting every weekend with her dad so I don't get too many remarks. She has gone with me alot when we were dating but just to hunt with dogs, there's not enough action for her in the stand.

Our anniversary is Oct. 29- the muzzleloader season opener and the peak of the rut. She is so understanding that we celebrate our anniversary the weekend before so I don't have to miss the muzzleloader opener. We usually take a Friday afternoon/Sat. trip for our anniversary and return home on Sat. night so I can hunt the last day of archery season too.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Spike

My wife has really encouraged me. After we moved out in the woods and had deer litterally coming up to the house. (I had hunted as a kid but not in years, and never actually got anything) I was the one that was cringing at the money to get set up, but not her. She wanted the meat and with 4 kids that was less that we had to buy from the store. Well, (last year my first year with a bow and first year hunting since I was a kid) I got the biggest deer I've ever seen and he fed our family for quite a while, as well as some squirrel once in a while. Now she and all the kids want bows and she is encouraging me to go hunting more and more and to put time into learning to become a better hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.