Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many people carry sidearm hunting. >

How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many people carry sidearm hunting.

illeagle here in ohio, during bow season.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

here in NJ if you get caught your done, automatic 5 year sentence. Since I'm in law enforcement I can carry, and carry in all 50 states. I do think everyone who is of sound mind should be allowed carry nation wide, we all have the right to protect ourselves, family and others
ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

here in NJ if you get caught your done, automatic 5 year sentence. Since I'm in law enforcement I can carry, and carry in all 50 states. I do think everyone who is of sound mind should be allowed carry nation wide, we all have the right to protect ourselves, family and others
whoa an honest to goodness sensible minded person from NJ? God Bless You.

But yeah it's illegal during bow season and muzzleloader season here, but after mid October, I'm packing all the time.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's legal here in VA, but it has to be concealed - and you better have a CWP on you!

I've carried my CZ-75 9mm on me (a bit bulky to conceal, but do-able) when bowhunting in the George Washington Nat'l Forest. Lord only knows what you'll run into, deep in the woods!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Putnamhonigford,
Where did you get that info ? Your wrong. You can carry in Ohio with a permit. I do all the time even while bowhunting.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

wish i could. had 3 three wolves 50 yards away from me last year after i was walking back from my stand after bowhunting. horrible feeling, thank god they went away
Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

I carry my 9mm during bow season,camping,fishing.There are some NUTS here in Indiana and elsewere. (just read the papers) Thats what my permit is for.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Carrying a handgun is your right. However, hunting is not a right, it is a privildge and with privlidges comes rules. You don't abide by the rules then you don't get the privlidge. Indiana allows carry (unconceled even if you have a CCW I believe), but I opt not to carry as it takes away from what I am trying to acheive in Bowseason.

I just wonder how many bowhunters carry a handgun during archery, but throw a fit over the whole crossbow issue????
Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Despite Lightfoot's opinion Indiana has some of the safest woods in the country, the only thing likely to hurt you here is an angry buck, or a careless hunter. Carrying won't make a difference with either, so I don't.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:56 PM

I live in Texas,and have a permit,thanks for the info.I carry every where,but was wondering about bow season.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by deerhunter729
I was just wondering where it is legal how many hunters carry a pistol hunting. I carry one just for a back up just because you never know. I carry one during bow season espessialy for snakes. South Carolina is known for its timbers and copperheads.
I carry one for deer and one for squirrel hunting.

S&W Model 19 in 357 Mag for deer.
A Taurus Tracker 22 LR, or Ruger Govt Target mark 2 in 22 LR for squirrel.

Quick Reply: How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.