HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How many people carry sidearm hunting. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/294477-how-many-people-carry-sidearm-hunting.html)

deerhunter729 05-20-2009 05:06 PM

How many people carry sidearm hunting.

I was just wondering where it is legal how many hunters carry a pistol hunting. I carry one just for a back up just because you never know. I carry one during bow season espessialy for snakes. South Carolina is known for its timbers and copperheads.

ADV. Hunter 05-20-2009 05:13 PM

RE: How many people carry sidearm hunting.

I carry!!! Out here in Idaho we got rattlers and bears and cougars and the worst of it all the wolves. Never can be to careful especially seeing as I hunt with my kids and I will not go down without a fight. I will say that I dont carry a pistol as I want a little more bang for my buck and have found that I can swing a shotgun from a slung position faster than I can pull a hand gun aim and hit effectively. Most attacks by bears and cougars happen so fast I want every millisecond I can get...

shump 05-20-2009 05:39 PM

I carry all time

crokit 05-20-2009 05:43 PM

Illegal here to carry any firearm while archery hunting.I do know of a fella that carries a .22mag revolver during bow season for long, super arrow shots. I'm sure it's done elsewhere were both are carried at the same time. Chit happens; doesn't make it right, but it happens.

907Alaska 05-20-2009 10:23 PM

In California it is illegal during archery season...so besides the archery only season, I carry my .44 always

bugsNbows 05-21-2009 12:58 AM

Where I hunt most, it's illegal. I would if I could though!

BOWHUNTERCOP 05-21-2009 03:55 AM

here in NJ if you get caught your done, automatic 5 year sentence. Since I'm in law enforcement I can carry, and carry in all 50 states. I do think everyone who is of sound mind should be allowed carry nation wide, we all have the right to protect ourselves, family and others

Edcyclopedia 05-21-2009 04:03 AM

NH - I carry while bow hunting for whitetails, just in case a bear presents a shot out of range or coyote.

If you look closely @ my avatar it's the one on my dead 8 pointer...
I also hunt for whitetails during firearms season with it, occasionally, as this picture shows...

Blackelk 05-21-2009 04:08 AM

Always, even bow hunting. 2nd amendment right gave me that and I use it.

timbercruiser 05-21-2009 05:40 AM

You need to check your state laws. In Fl it is illegal during bow season. You can kill a snake with a stick anyway.