Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mapping for deer

Old 03-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Spike

Default Mapping for deer

I have a question for those of you who have purchased a subscription to online mapping services. After you have purchased a subscription to any of the various ones available, are you able to ZOOM in for better quality and details than what you can see when you just browse them without a subscription? I have viewed them on line and have not been able to zoom in as much as I would like toon terrain features. Also is any service better than the next one or are they all the same? Thanks for the help. Mark
Old 03-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mapping for deer

I use Maps.live.com

I can can use the bird's eye view feature on all of my hunting area. It is kind of limited in other areas though.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Here is small screenshot. On the site it is alot bigger. I have found it to be very helpful.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Maps.live also. Or if your states game and parks has a website, they may have a site link.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Spike

Is the view from a subscription? I can take a look also. Thanks a bunch Guys. Mark
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a freebee. IDK if this is available to everyone but here in NC I can go to the county website/ tax office and use their mapping software for free. It also allows zooming and the ADDED bonus - you can find out who owns it/ where they live/ how big the parcel is/ etc. From there I go to yellowpages.com and type in owners info, get the phone number and call to set up an appointment with them to discuss hunting their land. I have aquired some really nice properties, done some preliminary scouting and never left the computer.