Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need some help this weekend.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Default need some help this weekend.

I am going hunting this sunday the last day of Indiana ml season it will be windy with an high of 15 and an low of 6 and I will be hunting on the ground. What should I do to get my first ever deer on the last day?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need some help this weekend.

Keep your nose to the wind. Stay moving slowly and quietly invading bedding areas.
Keep Working!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need some help this weekend.

What Crow31 said.If there is snow on the ground,get down wind of area's where you see tracks going in to likely bedding area's and work your way slowly in to the wind,stopping often behind tree's to give you cover.Lot of variables to contend with,gusty winds or slight wind.Quiet walking or crunchy leaves or snow under foot.If the ground is crunchy and the wind isn't strong or gusting you are unlikely to sneak up on any thing.If that is the case you have to beat them to their bedding area and be waiting for them or you have to guess where they will exit the bedding area to feed later in the day and get as tight to it as possible with out blowing them out of there.
A lot depends upon all the things mentioned and the nature of your woods and how much pressure the deer you are hunting have received.
Good luck!