Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sad weekend

Old 11-09-2003, 09:41 PM

Default sad weekend

Well everything was going good this weekend i got sunday off work and was going to hunt all day. I sit all day and see nothing till just before dark. I see him the buck that i made a post about before how he came out of the woods when i was walking out and a grunted at him and he charged, than stoped and got the hell out of here. Well he came in and i missed judge the distance whack! i shot right over him. he bounds of into the brush and turns and walks away alraming the entire time. Well i am mad atmyself for being so dumb and missreading the distance, and i start to search for my arrow i can;t find it and it is just getting dark and i am madder than hell ay myself so i deciede to pack up. When packing up here comes this little 6 point and i get an arrow ready and draw on him, but the little guy stops behind a tree and start to feed while i am at full draw. i hold it for atleast 1.5 min and my arm is shaking.the buck steps out and i release one and hit brush and missed this buck jumps and stops to look back i load another arrow and draw, i put my pin on his shoulder and release, but i knicked a little tree (the ones that are like 6 feet high and about ince in diameter). i didn' t even see the little tree, through my peep sight, dim light and all. And than the deer walks off. i missed three times Unbeivible!!! i shoot atleast once a week and my pins are on and i just messed up. I search for my arrows till 830pm so about 2 hours and i can' t find any of them, so i am going back in the moring to look agian, and to double check and look for blood just in case, even though i am 99% sure i missed all the shots, but i owe it to the deer and my walet to look for those arrows and blood agian. Well with all this **** that happens i come home and talk to my mom and than i get a phone call to find that one my buddies was killed on saturday night. Man this weekend can not get any worse can it? well sorry so long i just had a bad day.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:51 PM

Default RE: sad weekend

Huntm Up- I am really sorry about your buddy. Forget about the arrows until another day. Maybe your friends family needs you. Again I am really sorry.

Chitown.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:22 PM

Huntm up, sorry about your friend. Chitown is right, your friend deserves to have you be there for his family. put that first. A deer is not as important as friends and family. i will keep you in my prayers, and i hope everyone else will also.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:33 AM

I remember when I lost a hunting buddy during firearms season....... I know the feeling and I am sorry for your loss.

I agree with the other guys that, as i am sure your thinking anyway, it is more important to be with the family now. HOWEVER, do not look past your need to grieve in your way. I spent some time in the woods myself, and I found it to be a very important part of dealing with the whole thing.

If it is any consolation to you, I had a heck of a time with my setup in the woods this weekend as well. Crap happens at the worst time. Ting ting ting as an arrow falls to the ground while hitting every branch.... Crash, as hit hits a limb I didn' t see.... etc etc...

My prayers are with you and your friends family.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM

i thank all of you guys for your empathy. You guys are part of my hunting family and i appericate you being there. I will be attending the funeral on wens. But i did go check on those arrows and look for blood, and i am glad to say it was a clean miss no wounded deer and i was able to find my arrow. As to going back to the woods i will be back, i think i find a lot of comfort there and i can gather my thoughts that way. Thanks guys again.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntm Up, I' m sorry to hear about your friend and your misfortune. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friends family.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:40 PM

Sorry to hear about it man.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your friends family.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off I want to say sorry about your friend [:' (]

As for the hunt itself. We all have bad days.