Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Critical child helps promote hunting to other children >

Critical child helps promote hunting to other children

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Critical child helps promote hunting to other children

Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Default Critical child helps promote hunting to other children

In today’s society, many children are raised mainly by their mother, who isn’t a hunter, which won’t help promote or strengthen the shooting sports industry. I know how hard it was for Pete to get me (a single mother) hunting for the first time. When we got to the field, I opened the truck door not knowing it would open up a whole new world for me. Hobbies and experiences that I had loved before that night would have to share time with my new found passion, namely hunting. Like children after their first hunt I too was sold on the excitement of hunting.

Certainly conventional media like newspapers, magazines, and TV segments, are a decent way of reaching the public, but it is questionable how many youth are reading the daily newspaper or watching news or the outdoor channels. We are kind of preaching to the choir when it comes to our own families as viewers of the outdoor channels, in other words, we probably have already recruited the youth to hunting if he or she is reading outdoor magazines and watching the outdoor channels. I believe we have to invade the home turf of the non-outdoors orientated public by going into their “backyard” (their communication mediums) with positive messages.

Technology is changing daily, and our nation’s youth are turning to different communication mediums like “YOUTUBE” and “Facebook” (a social network where individual or group shares information and common interests). It is essential for any successful advertising firm to know, understand, and be able to communicate with the target. For example just one of USSA’s YouTube hunting clips has currently over 28,000 views in a short time. There occasionally are animal activists that try to throw cold water on the situation. Their arguments are so incredibly inept and their language is so angry and vulgar that they essentially bury themselves with their own ignorant shovel!! It’s a great forum to use facts and civilized sophistication to win the cultural war on their own turf. Invariably the hits take a big jump after each posting from an animal activist and people around the world ask to add these clips to their own personal and business website. Networking is essential tool in today’s communication field.

When you get on these websites there is hundreds of thousands of views on some of the video clips and some of the social networks and groups in Facebook also run into the tens of thousands in some cases. You can have the greatest message in the world, but if it does not reach any eyes or ears of your target audience, it will do little good as far as recruiting them to your own positive view of hunting.

Last October a mother of a very critical child sacrificed her spot in the blind, so I could film the hunt and captured memories for their family forever. I felt honored to be in the blind while Emily and her dad shared priceless time together harvesting a dandy of a buck.

For a long time I have searched for ways to “get the word out” and promote hunting to the youth. This Tuesday Emily will be going to a Wisconsin High School and showing “Autumn Angel” (her deer hunt) and telling kids why they need to venture out into the great outdoors.

Please watch both parts of Emily’s deer hunt so you can share in the experience we were blessed to be part of:

Autumn Angel
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xhTwdrNaA&feature=channel_page

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7llGQxYQxA&feature=channel

God bless you.

Brigid O’Donoghue,

CEO and Founder
United Special Sportsman Alliance (USSA)
www.childswish.com
[email protected]
Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default RE: Critical child helps promote hunting to other children

WOW I have alot of respect for what u guys do that was touching