Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Idea Hunting Show

Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idea Hunting Show

also...bring in the YOUTH get other people started (i am availible for this lol)
Old 12-03-2008, 02:58 PM

I would also like them to explain a lot better what they are doing.....I like to see the kills and all but I would also like to know how they got in that place. All they say right now is we got to our stand here in Iowa on so and so's private land and now we are gonna shoot a monster buck.

I would like to hear them say why they picked that spot. The things they were looking for in that location. Also why they shoot the bow, rest, sights, etc....that they shoot. What are the advantages. Talk more about the hunting aspect of hunting than just the killing.

Also I would like the first half to be a hunt. Then a little info thingy in the middle such as....here is this rest, it works like this, and offers you this. Then the last half hunt too. Maybe takes shots with 3 types of rests to show the difference...(rests is just an example).

That is my opinion.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

If you follow what these guys are saying and put lots of archery in if possible you can be sure as heck that ill be watchin these shows. Good luck this season.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

One question that is on here often is how to clean a deer, hanging - gutting, capeing a head for mounting, etc.
I would love to see a show that shows how an official Boone & Crockett/Pope & Young scorer actually measures a deer rack, especially some of the odd ball non-typicals.
By the way, a couple of times in the past similar show promotors have had the same request as you. Let the people on here know what your show is, and if any of the topics are covered.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like many others have said.I would like to see public land hunting,in area's other than the best area's of the country.Big woods for rifle,suburban archery hunts.Having kids or young people participate or families to show the multi generational aspects (tradition).
A show at a big woods deer camp,for instance.A show where a hunter is tracking.Variety while keeping it real.So much that is on television myself and many others cannot relate to.Tightly managed property with no hunting pressure with bucks that a hunter has watched grow from the time they had their first set of horns to their current prime age of 51/2 to 71/2 while saying I would like to shoot him but he has a busted G2 and would only score 168 makes me want to throw up.
Show the challenge of hunting not the farming.Thanks for asking our opinions and good luck to you!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

-a show that shows a hunter actually excited about his kill instead of a flat response of "what a beautiful buck".

-a show that doesnt advertise a particular bait or outfitter all throughout the segment.

-I want to see some public land hunting.

-shoot a doe for once and not just for management reasons.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DannyD

How about a show that starts out with you going to a local bow shop, local gun shop or gun range anywhere in the country. Pick a hunter or two (totaly by surprise and random)and go hunt with them. Show how you scouted the land, set up the spot, and shot the animal, Be it a Buck, doe, spike whatever.

I envision it like this. Michael Wadell or (insert your favorite hunter) comes up to me at my gun range prior to season and says he wants to film a hunt with me. (this is all caught on film of course)We would use the land i was going to hunt be it private or public. We would have pieces on how we scouted it, how we decided where to set the stands or blinds. and then film away.
I like this idea!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

x2 That would be cool.... It just needs to be a show that the average hunter can relate to not just someone who hunts as a business on tv
Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

I would like to see from the shot to the blood trail and the finding of the deer with its tongue hanging out. Show the blood trail. I want it to be kept real. I dont want to see the hunter laughing after the shot.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

I commented earlier on this post but I want to add to it.

I'd like to see more people hunting on these shows that make this sport their passion instead of a job. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with getting paid to hunt and I would do it in the blink of an eye, but the problem I see is that most of them it is just that.... a job. You need some hunters who have an actual passion for this sport, and who can apreciate the outdoors more than the ones on tv now. Hire some hunters and pay them just enough to survive and pay their way into hunts and not offer them these huge contracts and then you'll have the people that obsess about hunting and do it out of passion and not out of money. Thats the people I would rather see on tv, people who I can relate with instead of people that pass up on a 110 class dear because its big enough. I love seeing monster bucks but only when it was hunted by fair chase. When the show starts out with the hunters arriving at their lodge I usually lose interest because I can't relate and it does nothing for me. I want to see people that hunt for meat sometimes instead of just for trophies. I wanna see people hunting to put food on the table whether itsa 180 class buck or a 100lb spike. That show "Dream Season" got my attention when they first announced it but once I saw the first episode I changed the channel once I realized that the people on their weren't average joes, they were people who like all the other people tv only shoot huge deer and that turned me off.

Do a show like "Road Trips" but instead of sending your guys to outfitters all over the country, send them to public land all over the country and give them a week to read the map, scout the area and hunt for public land animals. It's public land so you can't hold out for a 180 class dear so you take what you can. You wanna film a show about a hunt in Iowa fine, but make it a Iowa public land hunt.

I think another good idea would be to surprise a dad some where with a father/son hunt. Every dad that hunts loves to take their son or daughter to the woods with them. If your gonna do some outfitter show then send a father/son or father/daughter team to the outfitter. Give the average person the chance to take a big buck and film it.

I wouldn't go as far as this but bring the TK and Mike stuff back. Not the stupid comedy that they did but take the fact that they had fun hunting and put that into your show. Those guys were some straight idiots but they had fun doing what they did and in all honesty they made a killing with their videos. Not only did they draw in the fan base but they had fun an ultimately thats what hunting is about.... the enjoyment you get out of it.

Quick Reply: Idea Hunting Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.