Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

I don't know Phil. A moose hunting show maybe ( Good lord willing I draw this year ) but a deer hunting show in ME!! You gotta be kidding. Never hunted a tougher state.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, that's what I am talking about a deer hunting show with a bow.. I had a guy approach me that knows I enjoy stalking and is trying to get me to sit in a darn tree stand.. LOL. I told him, I might concider it but we will wait and see. That's whyI saidI would most likely be behind the scene reading a book up there.. LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watch some, and I just remind myselfthat I'm not watching what is reality for most of us. They are entertainment, for the most part. I just make sure that my kids understand that they aren't reality.

The shows that border on the ridiculous are the ones I avoid.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:32 PM

To me, watching all those hunting shows is about like watching the Playboy channel........it's fun to watch, but the majority of us will never experience it.....yet you keep on tuning in.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

You got my vote.
It takes one step before two and two before three.
Not hard to figure this out.

ORIGINAL: okcaveman

dnt get me wrong, i agree totally. i have pretty much stopped watching them because of it. the main ones i watch anymore are ted nugent and tred barta. but my point is even though they dnt hunt the way we doand we may not agree with it, they are a vote for hunting if the need should arise. its kinda like gun ppl. some will defend their boltguns til their dieing breath but would give up semi autos in a heart beat. we gotta stick together regardless of how our feelings are if we wanna keep our rights
Old 12-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer the fair chase hunting shows for sure. I don't like the highfence stuff, not for me. If someone wants to hunt and shoot a
pen deer thats completely up to them, but not for me.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Spike

I only watch them strictlyfor entertainment. I know most of them are canned or set up...not very realistic to the real world that most of us are used to. The only thing that really irritates me is when people think that these people are such great hunters (my cousin does this). I find most of the hosts/hunters on the shows are blowhards and are just as much (if not more so) salesmen as they are hunters. I don't hold it against them that they have to pitch products in order to have a show, but I often am left wondering if I saw a show on hunting or a 22 minute infomercial.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Spike

I read the first page of this thread and then skipped to the last page of the thread so i do not know if anyone else said this, but i am going to say it anyway. I like watching most of the hunting shows (for entertainment only). I does perturb me when people think these people are great hunters because they kill big bucks, because they are on managed ranches that only allow so many hunters to hunt and if you look up the prices it is $3-10,000 to hunt there.

The two i have the most respect for are Lee and Tiffany and the Drury brothers, because they hunt their own property and put the work in to manage the land. The only advantage they have over average Joe's like me is they own land and if you have watched them enough you will hear them say that when they bought the properties they had to pass bucks sometimes for 2-3 years to get the deer to the point where they were shooting 150+ class deer.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 PM

The show wants to make money, the sponsors want to sell their product. It's all about making money. It makes since. The show has to draw an audience one way or another so in most cases they go to a big ranch so they are almost guaranteed to kill a monster buck.

It's like going fishing at a trout farm if you ask me.