Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TV hunting shows.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Spike

Default TV hunting shows.

Has anyone ever noticed that all of the hunting shows on regular cable TV are on Saturday and Sunday mornings. That is theonly time that some people get to hunt. I wonder why they put these shows on while most of us are in the woods and do not get to watch them.

I know that you can purchase the outdoor channel but a poor college student like myself can't afford it. I just wish they would put more shows on TV.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TV hunting shows.

You're not missing much.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

You're not missing much.
haven't watched a hunting show or video in years--just don't do ne thing for me
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Host of Hosts

Sometimes I think they do more harm than good for our sport. And MOST of them are very unrealistic.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Most of the hunting shows just make ya jealous anyway, no matter where they go, they shoot monsters. they aren't realistic at all!!! but i guess they are still fun to watch!!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:56 PM

I was talking about this to a cousin last night. I hate those those shows because it's 25 minutes of whispering saying how far away the animal is, 15 seconds of aiming and a shot, then 4 minutes and 45 seconds talking about how good it feels.

So what?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Sometimes I think they do more harm thatn good for our sport. And MOST of them are very unrealistic.
best quote ever!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I could just see big bucks walking though the brush without all the idiot stuff, that would be enough for me. That's about the only reason I ever watch any of them.

I did see one show the other night where a guy was being led around by a guy on a Texas Ranch. He told about seeing a big buck that regularly came in to a dug pond. They sat there and sure enough a really good buck came in. He was shootingsome fancy muzzleloader and when the buck came in he said it was 70 yards. He took careful aim and shot. Then he said "I got him! He's hit hard!He's going down!" as the buck looked around and trotted off. After they looked around for a while, they decided it was a clean miss. That is just embarassing. I can't believe they put it on the air. A while later the guide spotted him another buck that had a crappy messed up rack and he shot it. Then he talked about the "charactor" the rack had and they noticed the deer was injured in the hind quarter and the deer'sfoot was messed up.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM

That show was called WHITETAIL REVOLUTION! That's my favorite hunting show. I'm sorry but I love to watch it! I love to see big bucks. Don't have any bucks where I live cause everyone shoots even the smallest of bucks. I think it should be a law that you can't shoot a buck unless it has 5 points or more. Give the bucks a chance to grow. I also think that they should give out more doe tags and ALOT less buck tags.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree... I am really losing my patience with some of those hunting shows. [:'(] I actually got so ticked off, I recorded one of them, then carefully went back and reviewed it. The results will blow your mind!

Opening of show with theme music
Thanks (with ads) to sponsors
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
Show talks of deer and how hard can be to successfully hunt one (you're filming at a game ranch you idiot! [:@])
Talk about scouting and patterning deer (again your filming at a game ranch - everything was done for you! [:@])
Wispering.... more wispering.... a buck comes into view.
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
Show comes back on with the "hunter" aiming his TC Encore while the guide and cameraman wait patiently.
Pause.
Pause.
{take the shot already! Geez.... }
The shows' "hunter" takes the shot, the deer limps off, the hunter and guide high five each other.
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
{commercial}
Show comes back on with a replay of the deer and the shot. Then they show the "hunter" coming up to his downed deer, but yet the cameraman is on the opposite side.
"Hunter" shakes hands with guide, crew, anyone who's on the set....
Show ends with ending credits and list of sponsors and the outfitters name/website/phone number/etc...

Geez.... A 30 minute hunting show. When you sum this all up (like I actually did) you get roughly 8 minutes of actual hunting. All the rest is mindless commercials and sponsor ads and junk.

Butch A.

Quick Reply: TV hunting shows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.