Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!! >

Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM

Default Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!!

Ok, My dad owns( he has for over 30 yrs.)11acres of mostly brushy fields and creek bottom that borders Clear Creek metro parks in fact Clear Creek is one of the boundary lines of his property. The "Metro Parks" has a lottery deer hunt for their many THOUSANDS of acres of property. Well it seems that some A-HOLE who is too lazy to walk more than 10 mins through the woods puts up a tree stand 10 feet or so off of the creek bank on the "Metro parks" side of the creek, which puts it just 30yds from my dads property. The worst part is he was not alone you could see at least 3 more blaze orange spots within 200 yards of the creek bank from the tree stand my nephew was hunting out of in my dads small patch of woods. Why were they here , because it is easy to walk across a 200 yard long field to get to where they were. Lazy bastards!!!!!!!!! I Am very tempted to blow my season and go down in our woods and make all kinds of noise and piss them all off! By the way just for the record I am hunting at my father-n-laws place its just my 17 year old nephew hunting on his grandpas land. Bastards
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!!

I don't think you have much of a complaint if they stay on the park property. Thats just the way it goes hunting next to "public" land. I know its frustrating but nothing you can do. I would get in my stand early and hope they kick deer to you from the park property.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Its BS but theres not much you can do...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

i know it sucks but honestly your lucky that they are staying off your property. I know its frustrating but they have just as much right to be where they are as you do.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

yea it sucks, but heres a thought. you said they were 30 yards from your dads land, so what if they shot deer on his land I'm sure you could do something then, but until they trespass you just guna have to ignore it, and hope it doesn't ruin our nephews hunting experience.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Id take your nephew out to your paw in laws land with you!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Bartender

If I am hunting public property I want to hunt as close to private as I can get.
That is where the deer will run for safety providing its not pressured much and
has adaquate cover.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

3 am. chainsaw. shhhhh!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats public land for you.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its illegal to enterfear with someones hunt if they are doing it legally, Not a smart thing to blow your season off and go down and make alot of noise. Just go down and if they tresspass or shot a deer on your property prossicute them. Thats all you can do legally.

Quick Reply: Am I over reacting or is this just B.S.!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.