Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question (Funny Story)

Old 11-30-2008, 04:47 PM

Default Question (Funny Story)

Last year during rifle season, I went out into the woods and sat there. To make a long story short, I had to use the bathroom, so I took a dump in the woods. I go back to my hunting spot which is 10 yards away from where I let out my waste lol. Anyway about 10 mintues later, I turn around and I see 5 does, and 2 big bucks 10 yards away from the does which is 20 yards away from me.The fact is human scent does not attract deer at all. I didn't shoot at the deer because my partner was behind the deer, and if I was to miss, I didn't want to cause a accident. The question is why would 5 does be smelling my ****?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question (Funny Story)

because they are women and they all think we are full of it. Thus used to smelling it. sorry if I offend anyone
Old 11-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curious?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Just go to show you that anything can happen in the deer woods.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is similar and I apologize ... pretty gross. A few years ago, I had to go ... I mean and now. I was up in a climber about 20' when man it hit. I made it down to about 15' and that was it. Down came the pants and I leaned out over the climber as far as my harness would let me ... and "ruined" the place. While cleaning up with toilet paper and wet-wipes, still up in the climber ... I heard deer behind me and down wind blowing. No surprise there ???? I finished cleaning up. Stored the "stuff" in a zip lock baggie, and tossed it at the base of the tree. I had about decided that the day was done for sure when I caught movement down hill and in front of me. Four big does and 3 yearlings came in to feed under the acorn trees about 50 yards from where I was set up. I was able to get my bow back up in the stand with me without spooking them, but they slipped under and by me before I could get an arrow knocked ... walking right through "ground zero". As if it was not there at all. Not even a hesitation. Just eased off. So ... back up I went and about a hour later had a nice 8 pt. down. He came to feed from down wind. He was about 5 yards from the base of the tree when I hit him. He never even paid one iota that I could tell to the stuff. I was surprised that I had not blown the whole county of deer and like another said, never know what you'll experience out in the deer woods.