Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TOTALLY PI$$3D

Old 11-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TOTALLY PI$$3D

I've never understood the reason in the law requiring land to be posted before a ticket can be written. It should be required that written permission should be in the hunters pocket at all times and they should know who"s land they are on.

'
Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM

i never had a incounter like that. that sucks
Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

our families land is full of tree stands and trespassers. last week we found 7 stands over 4 of our fields. we dont mind people hunting on our land as long as they ask 1st. and we have only had 1 person ask ever, and he is always welcome. i have been tempted to rip the stands down and leave them at the base of the tree, but i figure its easyer for me to use them, and if someone comes up to me and says im in there stand, i will reply with well your trespassing and il be more than happy to help you pull it down now if you would like.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in MA if land is not posted every 75ft you can hunt it WITHOUT permission or landowner consent. I have just never felt comfortable on someone elses land posted or not posted so I don't..

I don't know if it's widespread but here you cannot sue a landowner if you get hurt on their land hunting. Easier to get permission to hunt if the owner doesn't think he is gonna get sued for something..

Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I believe it's called "enabling". You hear parents accused of it all the time with thier kids. They don't want thier kids to do something yet they create situations whihc promote the activity.

I just don't understand these trains of thoughts. You say you are pi$$ed and yet you not only let them come and get the deer, you're the one who shot it AND you help them clean it? Same as finding 7 stands on your property and NOT taking them down. Clearly both these things would leave a reasonable person to believe they aren't doing anything wrong.

I mean they had no hunting clothes and illegal weapons! You just helped a couple poachers! Sorry but that is just the way you laid it out.

You may not want to get confrontational but I would of played all friendly and got thier names. Once I had that I would of said they needed to leave the property right away. next step call the warden. I sure as hell ain't tracking a deer with them, finishing the deer off, gutting the deer and then helping them drag it out. I mean after all that happened what was the problem with making the job easier with the 4 wheeler? I mean the trail was already cut. That is about the only thing you implied was a problem. If I was them I would think everything was fine except for bringing my 4 wheeler in. Poaching deer, no problem.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

We go a couple hundred yards down the creek and they decide that they don't want it. I had to leave to go toa meeting so I decided to walk up to my car. So I start walkin when I see her. So I back off and call the guy on his phone
Sorry I just read it again. This is just worse. Again based on what you have written its clear you had thier info. They decided they didn't want it because they were probably not very comfrotable knowing they had illegally shot it to begin with.

I apologize for my rant to you. I don't know you and I am sure you are an upstanding individiual. My comments are based on seeing these types of situations all the time. Guys get mad but seem to coddle the wrong doers or at the very least let them get away with it.