Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wish me good luck!

Old 11-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wish me good luck!

Hey guys im at my grandparents house...After a 5 hour drive were here and hunting tomorow! I am hunting a boxstand tommorow. And If u read my other post called "Where should I hunt? (Please Read)
I was asking ya'll where should I hunt and many ppl said I should hunt in the swampy areas more then in normal box stand......I will but tomorow morning Im hunting in a boxstand cause it will be easier anyway Wish me good luck Im going to be here for a almost a week so I will keep ya'll posted daily If i do kill a deer I wont be able to post pics till I get back home so be patient! My prayers out for all the hunters! Safe and Succesful hunting!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wish me good luck!

5:30 am Ruston Louisiana
Well guys Im going into the woods in just a minute Hopefully I bring back a biggin! thx

Old 11-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Didn't see any deer this morn sadly but were hunting this evening Im hunting with my twin and were going to hunt the stand I saw a huge buck last year I will keep ya'll posted!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

What state are you in bayou?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Louisiana.......I live in Batonrouge but hunt inRuston Louisiana which is in North OfLouisianaits near Monroe and Shreveport (its a small town)

Anyway Thx for the question well I went hunting today and I went in a Boxstand The rut has begun now and I was not waiting for a buck I was gonna shoot a doe but if a buck came out u better believei'llshoot it! Anyway I get In my stand about 3:20 and ten minutes later (3:30) I see this spike stick his head out I put my gun up on theside then hedisapears...I wasn't going to shoot him anyway...... 3:40 a Nice buck comes out he is Has 3 on one side and the brontines but the right rack is justaspike I didn't have tim to study him to long....It mite have been broken by a fight or sumthing (right rack) anyway I get my 308 out the window. He is almost all the way in the shooting lane and his butt is in the woods I'm trying to take my time and I have it behind his shoulder (he was standing there looking around probly looking for a doe) I squeeze the trigger...bam!......He gets low to the ground and runs straight into the woods......I wait 25 minutes and get down to inspect....Soon my dad comes walking to check on my shot...(He was in a stand close by) He said the shot sounded like I shot it. He looks around and we found lots of hair...It was thick dark hair then we found some meat.....We look for about 100 yards in the thicket.....No blood....No guts..(good).......We decide We should get back to the camp...We figured out I shot him to much to the left and It his brisket area and thats why the hair was nice a think and dark (if u look at a whitetails brisket area u will notice) I am 99% posotive I didn't kill him. I was relieved I didn't Clip his leg or Kill him and not find him but I was dissapointed that I messed up maybe my only chance for a buck...I was discouraged....But I realized everyone takes those type of shots unfortanutely....When we were done honestly I didn't feel like hunting anymore...Then I got over that and Im ready for tommorow....Good luck tommorow hopefully I will kill something tomorow
Old 11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys sorry I haven't posted I didnt for 2 reasons 1.I've been hunting like a fool evening and morn every day....2. Nothing interesting to bring up but.....Today this morning I killed a nice sized doe.....Not a long story get up in the stand...sit down get some stuff out of backpack look to my left theres a deer...I get my 308 out the window..Aim she's halfway down shooting lane she starts walking towards me Im waiting for broadside shot she gets realy close! 20 yards she finally turns brodeside Squeeze trigger Bam! She jumps in the air (no wonder 20 yards holy crap!) and runs into the thicket I wait 30 minutes I go down there and I see blood and lots of it...I mark it with my hat and get back up in the stand. My twin was with me mostof u didnt know I had one he is a guy im a chick were feternal(we didn;t share a plasenta)and dont look anything alike im 1 minute older then him its so cool!.Anyway we go into the thicket she ran 40 yards....We got back to the camp Skin her and weigh her she wayed 120 pounds! She was a fat ole girl! anyway just wanted to let ya'll know that.....Im going to post pics when I get back home....Anyway thanks for reading...Happy Thanksgiving!!

By the way Its not over I will update tommorow cause Im hunting in the morning.......
Yall comment on how u think this thread was..I wanna here from yall! thanks!