Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Good luck all!

Old 10-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good luck all!

As I sit here waiting for the last load of non-scent laundry to finish I thought I' d pop on here and wish everyone luck this season. Funny after all these years the blood still stirs at the thought of chasing the elusive buck of your dreams.

Maybe this year. Maybe I' ll see that trophy that will earn the respected spot on the wall. Maybe I' ll see a cougar and get my first one of those. Maybe I' ll have great weather the whole season and never pull the trigger. So many maybes, there is always hope.

Maybe my wife will shoot a bear. Maybe our marriage will continue to grow like our love for hunting. Maybe tomorrow we' ll have snow for the opener. All these things and more. I sure love this time of year.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

<<edited for typos>>
Old 10-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: Good luck all!

Good luck, Power! May all your dreams come true!
One week from today, I' ll be gone too! For 17 whole, glorious days! I' m almost giddy with anticipation!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:59 PM

God luck to you also, Power. Like you, I am in Washington and am awaiting the opener tommorow. I' ll have my fingers crossed for you as I climb into my treestand at 4:30 tommorow morning!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you all too! Glad to see some other WA hunters on the board waiting for that legal time of 6:40 am to roll around. We usually get out to our stand right before shooting time. Should be a cold opener, temps around 20' s-30' s in the morning where we' ll be (4,600 feet Lake Bonaparte area).
Old 10-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

Good luck, Power! May all your dreams come true!
One week from today, I' ll be gone too! For 17 whole, glorious days! I' m almost giddy with anticipation!!!
Thanks! Same to you hntngirl. Where you going?
Old 10-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Thanks! Same to you hntngirl. Where you going?
Cascades, Santiam unit in Oregon. Same place I hunt every year. Pretty brushy and steep---it' s a definite workout! I' ll be hunting elk the first week, then blacktail, and I have cougar and bear tags. I always have a great time, and if I get anything, that' s just icing! I can' t wait! I' m getting ready to go up tonight for the weekend. If I can get my deer this weekend, that would be great too!