Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good luck NY!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good luck NY!

Wishign you all a safe and exciting opener tomorrow!

I can't get out until Saturday because of nursing school....which is killing me but oh well. I have several areas to hunt, but I always stick to the one by home. I heard a bird and even saw him, then after youth weekend, haven't heard anything, but considering i'm hunting private land that I almost enever see anyone hunt turkeys on besides myself, I'm hopefully this weather pattern is just keeping them quiet. Going over to a piece of state land tonight. Also have a new piece of private land to hunt in a morehilly terrain compared to the flat farmland I typically hunt. I'm in Allegany county.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good luck NY!

Good luck turkeygirl2 and everyone else. I too have noticed the turkeys being quiet where I am up near Watertown, NY. They were loud and all over the place during the mornings when we got the warm weather. I've seen a few around, but haven't seen or heard as many as I heard before the cool down. I'm hunting some large fields with thick cover near my home where I had some good luck last year.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Spike

As odd as it seems, I've seen more activity since the weather change than before. I let the dog out at 5:30-6:00 every morning and the last two days were the first this year that I heard birds gobbling up on the hill behind my house. I can only hunt that area with the bow because it surrounds a residential development, but I'll be out tomorrow morning witht the 870 at another spot that I've had luck at the past few years.
Good luck everyone and be careful of what you are shooting at!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

can't sleep...c'mon 430 am alarm!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Spike

I've only been out once so far.Good luck too everyone.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Fork Horn

anyone from Longisland going for Turkey for a 1/2 day or full day hunt that i could tag along? im a grown man, and have NEVER been turkey hunting and im DIEING to go. i dont have weekends off, if i did i coudl have gone numerous times with different friends.. anyhow.. id love to tag along.. learn something..
thanks
-CK