Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Black Panther seen while deer hunting >

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

do a search of AMISH FARMER ATTACKED BY COUGARS IN PA.

he said one was black.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/endang/animals/mammals/jag.phtmlKEY WORD ENDANGERD not extinct
Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 PM

I seen a black panther on my parents gravel road in South East ,Missouri late at night,after 9 pm,back in 1987,it was black,and fur was slick and shiny,very long tail, my kids were with me in my car,it sat there in the road for a few seconds,then ran off into the woods.I wrote the Missouri Conservation Magazine back then about it,they are seen here on occasion in Missouri. My folks use to hear one at night, the sound of the screaming woman lets you know it is one.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can tell by the screams its black?

Steve
Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Gypsey, no use in arguing about the existence of a large black cat. I will do this, as I have no physical proof, I'll submit to a lie detector test, you pay, and bet $5,000 that I'll pass it.My other friend that saw the same,first big black cat as I, will make the same wager.
Kind of a stupid offer don't you think? As I read it it doesn't even make sense. You said you have no physical proof. I believe that is the problem. No proof from anyone, at any time, any where in the country.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:53 PM

Someone should finally just call Mythbusters on the black cats. In the area I'd definately believe it. There are cougars in TN but TWRA don't agree with that. I was told be on of the officers after showing some tracks that they don't want to admit to it because then they have to set up money on a management program for them. And it's also against the law to kill one here. So if you see one shoot and shovel.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM

I have actually seen one, whether you believe it or not is regardless cause I know. This happened 2 years ago while hunting panther swamp wma land in yazoo, ms (32,000 acres of protected land).I was going on a morning hunt and so I went to a remote part of the land where no oneever huntedand set up my climber about 400 yards in the woods and climbed up about 30 ft in the tree. About an hour later I heard a couple high pitched screams bout 100 yards off.Next thing u know i see something black moving through woodsreally slow and stealthily. I knew right off the bat it was panther so i raised up my scope and sure enough it was.Itcame within 50 yards of me butnever saw me.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what i have read and seen on "NOVA", "Discovery Channel", etc., there is no such thig as a"Black Panther" ... Pumas (Cougars, Mt. Lions) do not have a black coloration, however there is a solid black coloration for the Jaguar. I'd make book that is what was seen.

We often here of these in Alabama, but ironically no one seems to ever have a photo, foot print,hair sample, scat, etc. as evidence.Most recent best evidence was a trail camera .... under detailed photo analysis, itturned out to be a fat tabby cat. We still hae a lot of of moonshiners down here, and I suspect that some of this fruit jar liquer has been involved on several of these sightings.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mojotex

From what i have read and seen on "NOVA", "Discovery Channel", etc., there is no such thig as a"Black Panther" ... Pumas (Cougars, Mt. Lions) do not have a black coloration, however there is a solid black coloration for the Jaguar. I'd make book that is what was seen.

We often here of these in Alabama, but ironically no one seems to ever have a photo, foot print,hair sample, scat, etc. as evidence.Most recent best evidence was a trail camera .... under detailed photo analysis, itturned out to be a fat tabby cat. We still hae a lot of of moonshiners down here, and I suspect that some of this fruit jar liquer has been involved on several of these sightings.

lacking a picture or road kill does not mean a cougar is ot there.

it just means there are not many around.

i hope you all read have far a cougar was tracked last month went.

it went from wisconsin to chicago, dont laugh,its true.

that cougar went over 1000 miles in 9 months.

i said this before here in pa.
i believe that cougars they are seeing here are on MOVE daily.

this is what makes it so hard to get a picture or print in snow or kill by them of deer or whatever..

we get report of one in 1 area, then 1 month later, report of one 15 miles away.

i remember when a BLACK COYOTE when you saw one, you were called a fibber,nice word for lier.

well, now i saw 4 black coyotes in about 10 years here in western pa.

as for prints, eastern cougar group has prints in CLINTON COUNTY,yet non-believers say,THEY ARE NOT CONFIRMED AND WHO ARE THESE GUYS ANYHOW.

so, you see, a few dont want to believe cougar is here.

i recieved a e-mail from a friend of mine in maine,he asked me NOT TO CONFIRM COUGAR TRACKS.

he said that he and others have seen them more than once but if they say they did, they would turn the area into cougar habitat.

he works for the LUMBER INDUSTRY.

in fact, he does his best to call anyone a FIBBER if they report a cougar.

yet, he has saw them MANY TIMES.

same with the PGC ,this would cause all kinds of things they would have to do to MANAGE the cougar ,they dont want that, dont have money, they dont want the EXTRA problems it would cause to them.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

wow what an interesting read. i had a lot of fun reading this thread and learned alot about the allusive "black panther"

well last week i was checking my trail cam, when my wife called me back to the gator saying there was a huge black cat about 20 yards from her. walking across her grand fathers field (freshly harvested) so she got a good look at it.

by the time i had gotten back to her it had walked into the woods where i had just left. when i asked her what it looked like she told me it was a big black cat, kinda like a bobcat but a bit bigger than any bobcat she has seen.

now it would make sense that if there was something like this on our property that it would be living were my wife saw it, as there is a fully stocked pond, lots of cover and all the birds a big black cat could ever want to stalk.

i have just recently moved our trail camera to more likely spot of getting deer, so maybe if the "Black Panther"feels like walking down a game trail i might get a mug shot of the little fella. and if i do you guys will be the second to know

good luck to all and happy hunting.

Quick Reply: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.