Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Old 11-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

i completely agree that if caught poaching, their hunting license should be revoked for a good long time. But I don't think that is a deterrent seeing as how they were breaking laws and not respecting the license or the tags in the first place. Why should they care? Stiff penalties, officers on the ground and actual enforcement are the only way to curb poaching.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

to bad a pic. of the scum can't be posted.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's strange, I've known people who make honest mistakes and get the book thrown at them while other guys go out of their way to blatantly break the law and they get off with a slap on the wrist.

One guy I used to work with shot a deer late one sunday afternoon, didn't get it out of the woods until all the check stations in his area were closed. He put his temporary kill tag on it (as required by law before you move the deer) but you also have to take it to a check station before it can be processed. Well, he had to go to work early monday morning as most of us do and work a 12 hour shift. By the time he got it to a check station the next afternoon the legal time to check it in had passed and he had to go to court over it. Lost his hunting license for the next year because of that. This year they changed the law to say that we have 36 hours to check in deer because there were so many problems with check stations being closed. Also I hear this is probably the last year we'll have check in stations and they're going to the "telecheck" system.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 PM

I know both of these guys and people make stupid mistakes everyday...the police officers son didnt actually poach the deer...he was with when they picked it up!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM

and also their charges are pending so they arent getting off easy!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:10 PM

Instinct- you claim you know both of the suspects and then on your second post you stated that you heard one of the suspects is a son of a police officer... Im a bit confused..if you say you know them, wouldn't you know he is a son of a police officer.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

Instinct- you claim you know both of the suspects and then on your second post you stated that you heard one of the suspects is a son of a police officer... Im a bit confused..if you say you know them, wouldn't you know he is a son of a police officer.

Good catch!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Should have been a $21,000 fine and can't hunt till paid off.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

poachers piss me off! there is one around here, and my cousin knows who it is but he wont tell us coz they are friends.... but even if we did find out, they have to be caught in the act[:@]i know if we find him doing it were gunna drag his sorry butt down to the cops.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with wilbuck, these a holes need to be hammered hard to make an example to help detour future poachers.
It takes soooooo long to convict someone in todays legal system!!!
BUT--the important thing is that we stay politically correct & don't offend anyone's rights---YEAH---what a crock of BS.

Mark

Quick Reply: Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.