Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Warden Brad Peterson says a man shot a10-point trophy buck from his truck in Pierce County near Maiden Rock.The shot was reported to the Sheriff's Department. The DNR found the suspect.Officers confiscated both the deer and the rifle used to shoot it.Peterson says the deer will likely be mounted and used in the state's poaching wall of shame.The suspect is now facing two criminal charges for taking deer during a closed season and possession of illegal deer.If convicted, he could face a three year revocation of his hunting privileges, and a $2,100 fine.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

These guys (poachers) should loose their hunting license for longer than three years. This is just the one he got caught poaching, I wonder how many he has poached in his lifetime.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

My dad's neighbor just got busted. We had known him for over 25 years. Not sure what is gonna happen as his court date is in January, but needless to say disappointed in him.

He shoot a 9pt that supposed dressed out at 215. He knew he hit him but did not think it was a good shot and made no effort to recover it. By his own words he shot a 250lb 10pt no more then 3 minutes later. He saw it fall and went to tag it. He then saw the oringinal deer about 30 yards away dead in a bean field. Problem is, Indiana has a one buck rule. Problem #2 is he did not check either deer in.

I was really irate when he complained that the CO MADE him use his buck tag on one of the deer to avoid prosecution. As it stands he is currently charged with illegally harvesting 1 deer. CO let him walk on the other. IMO CO lost all credibility for letting him walk on any of it.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

i dont see why people would poach...... i mean i can see if your gonna kill a deer b/c our poor and your gonna eat it and all that.... but to just go out and kill a deer to be killin i donno!!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Indiana CO must have been in a charitable mood.

There is a law against waste of game. They guy shotbuck #1, knew he hit it but thought maybe not very well, then shotbuck #2, meaning that #1 would have to be wasted because we can only shoot one buck legally. That's onebroken law. Then he didn't tag either buck. That's beaking one law twice.

Makes you wonder when you hear things like this, and then about other COs that go to every length to find something wrong so they can write a ticket.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Oh don't confuse what I said that he wasted it. He got caught with both in his possession. He is an idiot.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

I can say one thing to poachers, "Better not catch you on my property. The result could end up very bad for you."
Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bottom line is, the CO should not be allowing the guy to tag a deer after the fact. He had no inention of tagging it, even if he technically still had some time left to do so.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's getting off light. In Pa he would have lost that fricken truck too!!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know toomany people who would do that. If only I could get proof.

Quick Reply: Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.