Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got some bad news today....

Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Spike

Default Got some bad news today....

I usually have a 5 guy hunting camp and the same 5 guys haven been coming for 15 years but today i got two calls. Two of my buddies cant make it this year. One of them, his brother is a raging alcoholic and they are having a family meeting with doctors and couselors about him and he CANT miss is and also, my buddy Kevins wife has been battling bone cancer for quite awhile now and only has a week left. I understand both of there problems but this year will be a lonely hunting camp. Guess i'll have to shoot a buck for them
Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got some bad news today....

Wow that sucks. still leaves 3 of you though. Wish them the best and think of them while you are out there.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those issues do trump hunting. Perhaps you can find an alternate for this year? Maybe a young person?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: downbuck014

I usually have a 5 guy hunting camp and the same 5 guys haven been coming for 15 years but today i got two calls. Two of my buddies cant make it this year. One of them, his brother is a raging alcoholic and they are having a family meeting with doctors and couselors about him and he CANT miss is and also, my buddy Kevins wife has been battling bone cancer for quite awhile now and only has a week left. I understand both of there problems but this year will be a lonely hunting camp. Guess i'll have to shoot a buck for them
Sorry to hear it.
About 20 yrs ago I got help from Alcoholics Annon and since moved on to attending church where I met my wife and started a family. Probably the best thing ever to happen for me.

The bone cancer requires a miracle and the best way to get one is through prayer. If it doesn't come though you can still be supportive and understanding.

I couldn't make it myself one year when my dad ran his little car up under a propane delivery truck.

On a lighter note --There was this hunting buddy who couldn't make it to deer camp one yearbecause his wife was delivering a baby. Someone said, (and we all agreed); "You should plan ahead and not make a baby 9 months before rifle season!"
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks dude. But you can always have fun
Old 11-19-2008, 12:36 PM

SORRY MAN BUT THEY WILL BE IN CAMP W/ YA IN SPRIT. MAKE SURE TO PUT ONE DOWN FOR EACH OF THEM & THERE FAMILY. KEEP YA BOOTS ON & YA GUN LOADED......