Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad News Today

Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad News Today

My brother called this evening to give me some bad news that a buck we have been hunting for two years was killed this week. Our neighbor saw the deer at the taxidermist and called my brother. We have partnered with our neighbor on a management program and have been passing bucks and killing does for several years. We are finally starting to see the fruits of our labor. We don't know for sure, but the story is that the deer was either poached or shot at night. We know the guy that killed the deer, and he is a hog hunter and not a deer hunter.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM

Default RE: Bad News Today

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

We don't know for sure, but the story is that the deer was either poached or shot at night.
Whats the difference. Sorry to hear.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We think the guy was trespassing. That is what I was referring too as poaching.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can really see the diffrence in the g2! Thats to bad I hope he gets in trouble for poaching some how!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Typical Buck

That's too bad to hear.

On a side note, I personally think it's a little odd that the buck didn't have the big fork on his right G2. He still retained everything else with a little more length (especially his left G3 or G4) but didn't have the fork. Regardless, it's a nice deer and hopefully what you hear isn't true.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Bartender

Thats so sad, should be eye for an eye. I love those claws they get.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GSPsnFORDs

That's too bad to hear.

On a side note, I personally think it's a little odd that the buck didn't have the big fork on his right G2. He still retained everything else with a little more length (especially his left G3 or G4) but didn't have the fork. Regardless, it's a nice deer and hopefully what you hear isn't true.
We have 2 years of drouth here and feel like it has had some affect on our deer. The deer that my son killed was basically the same size as he was last year(we had been watching him for 4 years). My brother and I use 6 cameras to scout our 700 acres and believe we have seen every resident deer on the place. I keep mine out most of the year, but my brother only keeps his out from August to January. We were disappointed that the big 11 point didn't have both G2's split this year. By the way, he has a rough gross score of 150. Every time I think about the deer being dead, I start feeling sick.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Great looking deer, sorry to hear so jerk picked him off
Old 12-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you POSITIVE that the deer was illegally killed? I, of course, don't know how much acerage ya'll have control over, but I know that bucks range over a lot of area.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:23 AM

that really has to suck

Quick Reply: Bad News Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.