Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got some bad news today

Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default got some bad news today

well yeasterday i went to walmart and bought my mossberg 500.

This morning i went small game hunting and target shooting got to admitt it did not feel as good as bow hunting for deer but i was hunting never the less.

I had planed to stop bow hunting since it was so cold and i did not have good enough clothes well yesterday i bought some warmer closesand figure i would get in a feel more bow hunts.

Well that was crashed today.

I had been having knee pain since i fella year ago it just seem to get worst and wosrt. Welli had a xray a month ago it showed nothing wrong did a month of pysical thermipy no help. had a mri yesterday.
Well guest what i have a tear on the out side of my knee. I figure a week or so before i get in to see a surgen then a week t get it fixed and two weeks to heal. a month later and bow season is over and most anthing worth hunting

It real sucks a month before bow season i get hit in the eye with a stick cut my eye. it ot better before season. Then i missed half of oct and the first week of nov becausemy knee hurt then it was ok now i am out for the rest of season.

I am thinking about waiting butnot sure i should.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got some bad news today

Make sure you heal up proper because you don't want it coming back twice as worse later in life. Besides, there is always next year. Just keep practicing and get better.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry to hear that bigtim...take your time and get better. It will only get worse if you don't heal properly. You'll be ready for next year! Good luck man.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Personally,I would wait till next month. After all it's just a knee. They make new ones. (heh heh)

Then again, I take a handful of ibuprofen nearly every morning (and afternoon) so don't listen to me. [8D]

Old 12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

It might not be as bad as you think. Two years ago I had all the cartilage removed from my knee and the next week I was dragging a deer out of the field. Ive had 4 knee surgeries and only one has put me out more than a few weeks. Had two during college, due to athletics and two others this past 10 years. Also had ankle surgery that didn’t keep me out of the field. Rehab before, it will help you recover quicker.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had 3 knee surgeries, all in college, you will be fine if it is nothing short of a n ACL or PCL tear....get the surgery, heal up. Nothing more complicated than that.