Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Horrable weekend...

Old 11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Horrable weekend...

Talk about a horrible weekend. Yesterday went out in a steady rain. Was suppose to drizzle. Wind was around 22 mph with gusts higher than that. I didn't see a single deer. Went back again this morning. Just windy today. Managed to shoot a yote about 20 feet away. Then the trouble started. I decided since a yote was in the area and I had shot it I would move to a different area. Big mistake. I was walking to a different area and I saw a litttle clearing. It was real thick where I was at. So in the process of walking to the clearing I found out why it was so clear. In this woods there is areas that is like quicksand. Guess what I was in all the way up to my hips? Thank god I had a buddy out with me. I finally worked my way out of this hole And got up on a couple of old rotten logs. It was soft all around the logs though. Couldn't get out. Called my buddy For some much needed help. When he showed up we finally got me out of that area but ended up in some more trying to get back to harder ground. Both shoes got stuck in it. Pulled both shoes and one sock off. Finally got them out but my feet were frozen. We finally got back to the truck and went home to get cleaned up and get back out there. Went back out and didn't see anything until we were driving out. A nice buck about 500 yards away. My dad called me when we went back out the second time and I told him about my morning. He laughed and said he has many shoes out there that he couldn't get back. Dad sure made me feel better. LOL Thanks dad.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Horrable weekend...

wow sounds like u had a adventures outing! lol isn't when u get stuck in sinking sand ur not suppost to force thrue and u get even more stuck? I watched that on man vs wild lol anyway did u ever find ur coyote?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I dropped the yote where he stood. I had to use my gun and the folding chair I had to lay flat to help me form sinkin more. There was a fallen log by me too so that helped out.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

that doesnt sound like fun

but how bout some pics of that yote?[8D]